NuVision 12.5" Laptop - N3350, 4GB RAM, 64GB eMMc, QHD 1440p - $99 in-store+$19 ship at Micro Center

Jawadali

[H]ard|Gawd
NuVision Encite Book 12 Plus 12.5" Laptop Computer for sale for $99 at Micro Center in-store. Shipping is about $19.

https://www.microcenter.com/product/610790/nuvision-encite-book-12-plus-125-laptop-computer----black

• Intel Celeron N3350 Dual Core Processor 1.1GHz / 2.4Ghz Boost
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 64GB eMMc storage
  • Intel HD Graphics 500
  • 2560x1440 QHD screen
  • Single USB-C port, but comes with adapter for HDMI, USB-A, and 3.5mm

Saw this when browsing, and thought folks might be interested. The 4GB/64GB and the QHD display made it stand out from the other netbooks in this price range, which only offer 2GB/32GB and 720p or 1080p. It may be well suited to a few dedicated tasks like reading, writing documents, or as a remote client.

Also, one of the rarer instances where Micro Center actually offers Shipping.

Review for a model with more RAM and storage below. Doesn't paint the best picture, but keep in mind the review price was $350.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/NuVision-Encite-Book-12-Plus-N3350-QHD-Laptop-Review.396406.0.html

Looks like there are a few listings on Amazon in the $150-400+ range, with some additional photos

To put in perspective, a Pinebook Pro is $199 and that only runs an ARM processor. This is essentially what my Chromebook runs (N3350/4GB) with a nicer screen. I'm half tempted to pick one up and just run Chromium OS or something instead since it has a higher resolution screen.

I actually haven't bought one myself.

I am really looking for a an excuse to buy one of these NuVision units due to size and portability, but I can't think of a good use case for myself. I will be watching the comments for ideas :)

If anyone does get this, I would appreciate any comments on how this performs hooked up to an External monitor via HDMI. I know 4k or even 1440p is probably asking for too much, but if it can display 1080p content smoothly, that'd be a plus.

I actually haven't bought one myself.

I am really looking for a an excuse to buy one of these NuVision units due to size and portability, but I can't think of a good use case for myself. I will be watching the comments for ideas :)

If anyone does get this, I would appreciate any comments on how this performs hooked up to an External monitor via HDMI. I know 4k or even 1440p is probably asking for too much, but if it can display 1080p content smoothly, that'd be a plus.

In the case of my Chromebook, the N3350/HD 500 is perfectly capable of running 1080p content. I don't know how much the Windows overhead/drivers affect playback though.

Edit: It sounds like the dongle is finicky according to that review...hard to say if it is or not. Might be worth checking NuVision's support website (if there is one) for driver/bios information.

Last edited:
You could always get one of these and if it can't handle 1080p out of the box, throw a linux version on there and it shouldn't have any problems since chrome doesn't (or you could install chrome).

I am actually really tempted by this machine just because of the screen. I will have to see if more info comes up or the price holds steady.

If I have time today I am going to connect my Chromebook to my 1440p monitor and see how it does. It won't be a 1:1 comparison but at least give me an idea. I had it connected to a 4K TV before but the scrolling was not ideal.

I have the quad core version of this processor in my download box... i wouldn't even bother doing heavy browsing with windows. I bet linux runs better.

I do need a windows computer to flash my ECU though... tempting.

The reviews at Amazon aren't pretty with the longevity of the battery being the biggest problem. After a while it won't charge and you have to keep it plugged in. Maybe a bad batch of them?

Man thats tempting for 100 bucks. I can think of an easy use case right off the bat. Educational programs for kids. A lot of them are on the Ipad these days, so i dont know whats available for windows, but I bet they are light enough for this machine.

I was about to pick one up for myself to run my piano program but stumbled across this: https://www.notebookcheck.net/NuVision-Encite-Book-12-Plus-N3350-QHD-Laptop-Review.396406.0.html

It doesnt allow the screen to lay flat and I need that because I stand up my current laptop like a sheet of paper in front of me when I play. Just food for thought.

The reviews at Amazon aren't pretty with the longevity of the battery being the biggest problem. After a while it won't charge and you have to keep it plugged in. Maybe a bad batch of them?
Looks like a BF load of CCC! (cheap chinese crap!)

Sounds like one of those things where the specs waaaaaay outshine the build quality and the defect rate will be double-digits.

Back