Nuclear - Linksys WRT1200AC - $29.99

Same here. They're upgrading existing Netgear WNDR4500v2s running DD-WRT, which are fine routers,
but throughput limited (~100Mb/s WAN routing) due to no acceleration (open-source drivers).

I've got a stack of Netgear N300 running DD-WRT that I can send to you for shipping.
Makes a nice "hobo router" :p

hehe thanks, i appreciate that, but they got some more listed quite quickly. managed to snag one!

Ha, clicked link: out of stock. Waited about 60 seconds, clicked refresh, and another 20 were available.

Shucks, probably not a fast enough upgrade for me to dust of Christmas's SteamLink box.

Went out of stock just as I hit buy now :(
Keep refreshing. It goes in and out (of stock) ...

Glenn_Quagmire.png

Bah, out of stock again.

Edit, back in stock again. 10 left?

Last edited:
I put in a request to cancel my order, that will free one up for someone else who needs it :p

Heh... got lucky last night I guess, came in stock on first refresh. Only bought 1, so don't hate my luck :). I will, however, fully accept if you hate me for also getting 1st try on that Bethesda Ultimate Collection pricing error a few years back.

Before buying it, I checked amazon to gauge how good of a deal it was, since newegg had it for $130 and I thought it couldn't be that much of a discount. Seeing the amazon page made me want to look through the marketplace sellers to play a game I call "spot the seller who just launched an account to turn these for a profit". Seeing the ebay listing at $40 today makes me wonder if Linksys was playing that game, too.

Or maybe they just saw how easily it sold and knew they could easily get more.

/rambling

Bought mine as soon as these came out (yeah, I was nostalgic for the old W54G model) and still using it today with stock firmware. Only router to last more than a few years in my house.

I got one at the lower price but I may still pick up another. Its still a good deal.

I put in a request to cancel my order, that will free one up for someone else who needs it :p

My attempt to cancel failed. May just use this as a wired router, hrmm...

Also price went up to $39 and these are available again.

My attempt to cancel failed. May just use this as a wired router, hrmm...
Also price went up to $39 and these are available again.
I'll be using both of mine (the other four going to folks' and bro's places) strictly as WAPs and maybe gigabit switches.
Few things (if any) are going to beat the "router" that I already have :p

X8yvidX.png

The Nighthawk is a gigabit router.. more like the Linksys AC1900.. while the 1200 isn't so much. That probably being the larger point.

Sorry to all about the huge text on my earlier post. It was copy/paste from newegg while using my phone. Saw it metioned in my mailbox.

Anyways, I got my refurb WRT1200AC tonight. Came in a brown box with all accessories. Looks new to me. I did notice the Wifi SSID and password on the router did not match the sticker of the install disk sleeve. Hooked it about an hour ago and so far so good.

I got mine today too. It ran for about five minutes and after a reboot I can no longer access the UI. Ive tried every method of reset that I can find to no avail. Hopefully I can just get it swapped out for another.

Back