NUC Hades Canyon for a 1080p gamer yay or nay?

As in the topic is the new NUC good for a 1080p high/ultra 60 Hz gamer ?Also can post release drivers make it better or should I just get a console?

As in the topic is the new NUC good for a 1080p high/ultra 60 Hz gamer ?Also can post release drivers make it better or should I just get a console?

1) It's not released yet, so we don't really know. There might be some performance reviews out there.

2) Drivers can improve performance but likely won't make a significant difference.

3) Console is going to be cheaper up front and really isn't the same thing at all. If you're only getting it for gaming, I don't think the NUC is a good idea. Console is probably less than half the price of this when all said and done and is designed for gaming.

Barebones Hades Canyon NUC's with the higher end i7-8800G start at $999 in the pre-order I saw. Better off with a console.

Even one of these Asus G20's with a GTX1070 is "only" $879 and it would run circles around the NUC in gaming.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hades Canyon with a Razer Core would make for a pretty awesome portable-ish setup.

If not going the core route, it seems that the performance of the on-die Vega is on par with a GTX 1050Ti or 1060 max q. There are some reviews here. 1080P gaming looks good but not sure you’d get ultra settings.

it's a little late now, but absolutely not unless you really want a tiny computer. YOu can get a dell optiplex sff 9020 with a geforce 1050ti and have almost the same experience for half the price, or 60% the price with a ssd and monitor.

I guess it all depends. I means it's "ok", but it's not quite "mid-range". With that said, not everybody needs settings set to "ultra mega insane high".

Back