NSA Spying Powers Extended for the Next Six Years

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The House of Representatives have voted to expand the NSA’s surveillance powers for another six years. Many consider the bill to be a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment, as it endorses warrantless collection of Americans’ emails, chat logs, and other personal communications.

This is a disappointment to EFF and all our supporters who, for weeks, have spoken to defend privacy. And this is a disappointment for the dozens of Congress members who have tried to rein NSA surveillance in, asking that the intelligence community merely follow the Constitution.

As the song says "Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose"

Also I told the sun it was allowed to rise today, your welcome no applause needed. thank you

I feel Safer now and will sleep well now that I know all of the dedicated and hard working members of the NSA are watching over me diligently night and day, to prevent the forces of darkness from hiding in the dark shadows of the interwebs!

to much?

Extension is only a part of it. They keep broadening their scope too.... Used to be foreigners on foreign land. then it became foreigners on American land. then it became Americans that speak to foreigners on American land. now it doesn't matter. it's everyone....

All I ask is that while they are in there, can they at least let me know when there is fraudulent activity on my Visa card?

Change the headline now, please! It is misinformation that suggests this is law This is something only voted for by the House. The Senate will vote on Tues. It is important that we at least try to do something - especially when the House version of the bill would have been defeated if 29 (I think?) Democrats had changed their vote (nearly all republicans voted to continue and expand easy, legal, warrantless spying on Americans). I know i'll be contacting my Democrat rep and letting him know my disappointment - though to be honest he's been a corporatist establishment Democrat for a long time, and I will be helping whichever of his opponents has the best platform come this year's Primaries. If your rep voted for this, you should call with your chastisement as well!

Call your senators ASAP - https://act.eff.org/action/stop-the-senate-from-extending-nsa-spying - and tell them to reject S. 139 ! They vote on Tuesday and if the vote fails, it will allow us more time to allow the bill to be rewritten to eliminate the S702 vulnerabilities and other asinine provisions. For an example of how that could be done, check out Sen. Wyden's (and many cosponsors) USA RIGHTS ACT - https://www.wyden.senate.gov/news/p...t-to-reform-secretive-warrantless-spy-program . The most important thing right now is to get Tuesday's vote to fail, though!

This is so very frustrating. The media and populace will laser focus on a stupid comment, "shithole countries", but seemingly give zero fucks about this issue or the patriot act.

Why do you think Trump got the job.

Patsy President. Great for distraction.

Extension is only a part of it. They keep broadening their scope too.... Used to be foreigners on foreign land. then it became foreigners on American land. then it became Americans that speak to foreigners on American land. now it doesn't matter. it's everyone....

They extended it for foreign people for foreign land - as for the rest you said; that is what it has been undoubtedly been USED for, but doing so by law ISN'T LEGAL - and the OIG report set to come out this week pertains to that.

A whole LOT of people in the government are going to be seeing jail time for this. Just don't expect the media to report on it - they've been the beneficiaries of some of the leaks that came out of these things. There is an entire rat's nest that is about to come to light...

Back