NRA Honors FCC Chair with Rifle for Repealing “Net Neutrality”

Fuck guys, now I need to go refill my popcorn. Good thing I got the XL bucket with free refills.

OK I'm good to go guys, carry on.
giphy.gif

FCC Chairman Ajit Pai was honored at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) in Oxon Hill, Maryland, by the NRA with the “Charlton Heston Courage Under Fire Award,” an honor named for the late actor who was an NRA president.
So he gets a blackpowder rifle stored in a museum, which he cant physically touch and the coveted "Charlton Heston Courage Under Fire Award"?
So basically, an arbitrary, intangible award.

Picture relavant...
Heston6-800x500.jpg

And people are losing their shit at the NRA over this??

I guess the fucktards are joining together in solidarity...

Oh, and saying he "saved the internet" is bullshit.. especially when their profit margins are ~95%

Arguments that the "free market will deal with it" only works when there is choice in the marketplace. Many have only 1 choice, many others only have 2 choices. The "free market" isn't going to fix the internet in that situation.

NRA should stop playing politics (such as Dana Losch or whatever her name is) and get back to defending gun rights and teaching firearm safety. I am not sure what the hell the FCC or internet has to do with the NRA.
Probably because both markets are poised to be regulated. Something that the NRA and Ajit Pai are fighting against. So by handing Ajit Pai a gun, the NRA are associating the right to bear arms to the right to an open and free internet. Because right now Ajit Pai is being attacked and is universally hated on the internet, while the NRA are not only doing well even after the shooting, and even convinced Americans that we need more guns and give those guns to teachers.

By doing this they have effectively increased the size of their supporters.

It's fun and interesting watching a nation tearing itself apart over mostly insignificant issues and misinformation being thrown about from either side and elsewhere.

Divide and conquer. Just sooo easy.

Please carry on...and pass the popcorn.:cool:

Net Neutrality and guns aren't insignificant issues. The internet is the greatest invention humanity has ever seen, and shootings in America is a frequent occurrence. Something like 18 shootings this year, and we're not even up to March yet.

The 18 number has already been debunked, even by the washington post of all people, so no, it's not a conspiracy

But on to the topic, NN needed to go, because it wasn't NN but in name. If you want to make real NN then sure we will support that but it's easy to see it didn't need to exist and was just a power play by a few companies. As for why the NRA did this, free publicity?

https://www.snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/

An accurate synopsis of how many school shootings there have been so far this year and the details behind each. No, there haven't been 18 Parklands this year. Only the Benton, Kentucky shooting a month ago resulted in fatalities this year before Parkland as an act of homicide. There was a gun inflicted suicide in schools this year.

That said, to think that this isn't a serious problem is insane.

wow glad you got that kind of money. and a job waiting for you wherever the fuck you end up. what about when NOWHERE has good internet?
?? You don't need money to move. Just line up a job and live out of a bag for a month or two before you have enough to rent.
Good or bad internet has a lot more to do with local government than it has to do with ISPs. As long as the local government wants competition, then the services offered will be good. Look at every place that has google fiber come in and compare it to the normal isps.

So i mean you have a few choices. You can move (always an option) or you can get involved in local politics and push for more ISP options.
NN was never designed to give you good internet options.

?? You don't need money to move. Just line up a job and live out of a bag for a month or two before you have enough to rent.

Two things you HAVE TO HAVE for a job particularly if you're working indoors are clean clothes and a clean body.

True that, In Canada, every sick person gets treated like garbage equally...

To each their own. When my wife broke her ankle last year she was brought to the ER, seen by a doctor promptly, was discharged within 3 hours, had surgery scheduled for the end of the week, surgery went well and was discharged from that second trip the same day, all follow up checkup visits took less than an hour and the cost for crutches, ambulance ride, xrays, surgery to put a metal plate in her ankle, checkups, etc totalled $240. Anyone from the USA want to chime in as to what a surgery to put a metal plate in to stabalize a broken ankle may cost them ? Hoping to hear from the uninsured but i'll take anyone. Now you may think well that sounds great but you must pay a shit ton in taxes. My tax bracket is typically 12-14% and I make a gross of usually $30,000 or less. Others I know that make just under $60,000 a year pay about $12,000 in taxes or about 20%. I'd say I get my moneys worth. I love the fact that if I get injured I know a hospital visit won't bankrupt me and that what it costs me in taxes for this service is about $3000-4000 a year. I've read a lot of horror stories on this forum about what some Americans pay for insurance and it's way north of my $3000-4000 a year.

Insert'(1741:#comment=embeddedjokewithsaracasticovertoneandpopculturereferencetosoundsmartandrelevant#:)

Two things you HAVE TO HAVE for a job particularly if you're working indoors are clean clothes and a clean body.
I think you seem to be misunderstanding me.
Living out of a bag doesn't mean living on the streets. It means finding an extended stay or a weekly motel to stay out of. Someplace temporary where you just bring the clothes you need, but has a place to shower/sleep.

.... come on man.

I think you seem to be misunderstanding me.
Living out of a bag doesn't mean living on the streets. It means finding an extended stay or a weekly motel to stay out of. Someplace temporary where you just bring the clothes you need, but has a place to shower/sleep.

.... come on man.

Fair enough. I used to do some traveling for work many years ago and lived out those kinds of places and good ones are not cheap. Sometimes things aren't easy and you have to find a way and I've lived that. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to take for granted simple things when you have resources.

Yes Jim the 18 is a propoganda piece.

And conspiracy theory is for the most part ridiculous nonsense.
So these shootings aren't real? Look at how often pistols are used in high schools. That shit is nuts.

https://www.snopes.com/2018/02/16/how-many-school-shootings-in-2018/

22 January: Italy High School, Italy, Texas – A 16-year-old student opened fire with a semi-automatic handgun in the school cafeteria, wounding another student.

22 January: NET Charter High School, Gentilly, Louisiana – An unknown person fired shots at students from a vehicle in the school parking lot. One person was injured (though not by gunfire).

23 January: Marshall County High School, Benton, Kentucky – A 15-year-old student opened fire with a handgun on school grounds, killing two and injuring 18.

25 January: Murphy High School, Mobile, Alabama – A student fired a handgun into the air during a fight with another student. No injuries were reported.

26 January: Dearborn High School, Dearborn, Michigan – Shots were fired during a fight in the school parking lot. No injuries were reported.

31 January: Lincoln High School, Philadelphia – A fight during a basketball game resulted in the shooting death of a 32-year-old man outside the school.

14 February: Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, Parkland, Florida – A 19-year-old former student opened fire with a semi-automatic rifle, killing 17 and injuring 14.

giphy.gif

Fair enough. I used to do some traveling for work many years ago and lived out those kinds of places and good ones are not cheap. Sometimes things aren't easy and you have to find a way and I've lived that. I'm just pointing out that it's easy to take for granted simple things when you have resources.
I never said moving is easy, i said it's possible. Nothing is easy until you do it.

Let me explain why i'm even discussing this since somehow this thread is going "off the rails". I told someone "if your local area doesn't have good internets, then vote with your feet and find a place that offers great internets". I personally think that moving just for better internets is kinda silly, job opportunities should be #1 on that list why to move, but having access to good internets is pretty big in my book. Every place i've ever moved to, it was on my list to research. The entire US doesn't have sucky internets, just some sucky areas with crappy providers and no competition.

Then the person responded with, must be nice to have loads of money to move and have a job lined up where ever you go, which personally i think is a kinda silly thing to say. thus bringing up moving with just your clothes and living in a temporary place until you can afford a place to rent.

Again i'll add that NN was never designed to give you good internet choices. Has NN stopped comcast from raising it prices across the board or setting caps? The affects of repealing title 2 is unknown at this time, but it's not like your bill will suddenly go up and parts of the internet will be locked out for you. That's just a scenario that will probably never happen.

Yes Jim the 18 is a propoganda piece.
My bad, I thought you were referring to the number murdered in FL, which was 17 but I was giving you the benefit of doubt because 17 and 18 are close enough.
And when you google "18 florida shooting" it returns Sheriff got 18 calls about Nikolas Cruz., adding further confusement.
I was not even aware of the "18 school shootings in 2018" claim, which is wrong. article from March 15, 2018, the day after the tragedy.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...1d91fcec3fe_story.html?utm_term=.ba1b0da28233

Last edited:
I never said moving is easy, i said it's possible. Nothing is easy until you do it.

Let me explain why i'm even discussing this since somehow this thread is going "off the rails". I told someone "if your local area doesn't have good internets, then vote with your feet and find a place that offers great internets". I personally think that moving just for better internets is kinda silly, job opportunities should be #1 on that list why to move, but having access to good internets is pretty big in my book. Every place i've ever moved to, it was on my list to research. The entire US doesn't have sucky internets, just some sucky areas with crappy providers and no competition.

Then the person responded with, must be nice to have loads of money to move and have a job lined up where ever you go, which personally i think is a kinda silly thing to say. thus bringing up moving with just your clothes and living in a temporary place until you can afford a place to rent.

Again i'll add that NN was never designed to give you good internet choices. Has NN stopped comcast from raising it prices across the board or setting caps? The affects of repealing title 2 is unknown at this time, but it's not like your bill will suddenly go up and parts of the internet will be locked out for you. That's just a scenario that will probably never happen.

I've in a major US city and work primarily from home so having good internets is something I take from granted. I work for a megabank and it's been good to me but I also understand that these kinds of corps often don't care about their customers, at least the one's without money. For all of the wrangling over NN, and this is coming from someone that works at a megabank, look at the loosening on baking regs that's now taking place.

To me, the issue of NN is about not letting the richest and most powerful corps completely have their way. There's a reason why these ISPs oppose it. My guess if NN gave JP Morgan or B of A of Wells Fargo more power, hell not even a Russian troller that had a clue would say anything.

You are part of the problem.

Are you aware of the 3+ laws/acts that already covered this sort of thing? Ofcourse you arent, because your mob of media/experts told you they didnt exist.... Federal Trade Comission Act, Sherman Act and Clayton Act all cover the very issues people used as the reasons NN was 'needed'.

And I guess people were also dying in the streets in the US before Obamacare? Nope.... Again, you were told the sky was falling or would fall (fearmongering), when it wasnt, and the 'do-gooder' inside of you said "we must stop the sky falling" without knowing anything about what you are talking about.

But yes. Keep pretending you have a clue, as you blindly listen to people you think 'are smatter than you' while thinking they would somehow be held accountable (by who exactly?) if they lied to you.

In the case of NN... You believed a bunch of BS that was outright lies (again, existing laws covered the 'issues' raised), and as the result allowed the mob of media and experts lead you to support something that would give the Government the ability to censor ISPs if they didnt like the content they shared (effectively giving the government ability to censor the US internet). But you didnt know that, did you?
^This - and Duke is a notorious ultra right shill here so get used to it. On every article.

People get far too cynical about this. Everyone here receives some benefits from costs that are endured socially. This internet thing for instance started as a government program.

No it started as a program paid for by tax payers and developed by private companies at the request of the government.

Like roads that liberals say that we have the privilege of using. Basically the government takes money from it's citizens in taxes and then pays a private companies to build roads with tax payer money, then the government beats it's chest and says see what the government did for you!!!!!!! Like the American people couldn't figure out how to make a road from point A to point B on their own.

And that's why your healthcare system is the worst in the world while America's in the best.
Source please. Total BS. You got it from the same sources you get the rest of your misinformed news. I've never seen the US in the top 20 other than the fact we have some of the best hospitals in the world.

On topic- the NRA is running shooting themselves in the foot over the last week eh? (pun intended).

You know I got back almost 100% of my taxes this year...

I think the state made 41 dollars off me and the federal government made 90.

So I almost fell into the group of people who pay real amounts of taxes for retired americans and veterans care.

I bet if you had to post up your actual tax contributions to choose where your money goes we could still guarantee Food, Housing, Education, Safe services and Emergency services while paying civil servants a Living Wage.

Just saying. I have a strong personal desire to make sure people don't have to grow up the way I did. Good Health and best wishes peeps.

Side note, if I keep getting so many likes for the dildo comment I may actually start the kick starter..

I thought about a big floppy one in a mailing tube with top contributes comments sharpied on it, and the more dollars I get the longer IT gets.......

..... I wonder if you can get a dildo by the foot and just have them Crimp a head on it like Cat5.....

this guy and that comrade of his on Ford who has been recently fired can go back to their places to spam all female with...

opan bobs and vagene

Side note 2.

How do I ship a cable spool of dildo safely to a Government Rep cheaply and Guarantee he wont be crushed by the sheer weight of the spool?

Maybe if there was a surge in funding I could ship 2 and he can figure the rest out

You know I got back almost 100% of my taxes this year...

I think the state made 41 dollars off me and the federal government made 90.

So I almost fell into the group of people who pay real amounts of taxes for retired americans and veterans care.

I bet if you had to post up your actual tax contributions to choose where your money goes we could still guarantee Food, Housing, Education, Safe services and Emergency services while paying civil servants a Living Wage.

Just saying. I have a strong personal desire to make sure people don't have to grow up the way I did. Good Health and best wishes peeps.
My question is how much earned income did you have and how many deductions did you take (as well as children/dependents, interest expense, etc.)? For the most part lower/mid earners don't need to pay much tax on top of their typical contribution on your paycheck. I will be paying well over 10k this year.

On a side note - if you broke even, perfect. You did it perfect. You don't want the government using your money and then get a refund! I purposely pay less tax and pay in during tax season so I can utilize my income in investments, but the ultimate goal is to brake even!

Well without going into too much detail it was a combo of a few months of Peace Corps (pay beans) and working in a state office after that.

So I got a break for PC and slightly taken advantage of for the state job. The health care package is pretty great but its a lot of money. I estimated.my liability and claimed accordingly. I am no tax expert, hence the return but I got close.
I think the 401k threw me off but I didn't itemize, just standard deduction + political and good will drop offs.

First year in PC I found out I owed 1600 so I had to do a lot of jumping through hoops to avoid that since I was making 212/month lollol

Back