NPD numbers for Feb.

Nintendo DS, I already own a PSP and have pretty much given it to my brother, but should I get the DS now though...grrr. Glad to see the PS3 moving forward, it does look like this may become an interesting debate, though in the end I think owning both the PS3 and 360 will be the best option for the best gaming.

Nintendo DS, I already own a PSP and have pretty much given it to my brother, but should I get the DS now though...grrr. Glad to see the PS3 moving forward, it does look like this may become an interesting debate, though in the end I think owning both the PS3 and 360 will be the best option for the best gaming.

It will get even more interesting in the coming months considering Hot Shots golf is out this month,
and GT5p and DualShock3 in April,
and Haze in May,
and MGS4 and Soul Calibur 4 in June.

interesting indeed.

Not to mention the stand-alone guitar controller for PS3 Rock Band coming in April.

Also, console gamers aren't the most sophisticated or discriminating people in the world... look how many bought Halo 3...

I really wonder what the Wii can do with decent amounts of stock. Total monster.

I really wonder what the Wii can do with decent amounts of stock. Total monster.

I can't wait for March's NPD. I know that many stores had 30+ Wiis available for the launch of SSBB that of course sold out almost instantly. This month should be insane.

Holy crap, I can't believe that the DS is still consistently moving that many units.

lol @ ps2's perpetual popularity

THIS is the most incredible stat on the whole list.

venerable system + 10,000,000 games available + cheap price = monumental sales

I also think MS must do some price-cutting REALLY soon.

They need to add the software attach rate for the month to these as well, since both the Wii and PS3 have pretty bad attach rates. While it's impressive the PS3 is jumping up, I'm interested to see how many people are buying them because they are STILL the best deal in a Blu-Ray player, inflating the numbers compared to other gaming consoles. If there was a nice 200 dollar blu-ray player out now, these numbers would be different(PS3 atleast).

In my area Wii's are limited to 1 per customer, and 360's aren't even advertised at some stores because they have very little in stock.

They need to add the software attach rate for the month to these as well, since both the Wii and PS3 have pretty bad attach rates. While it's impressive the PS3 is jumping up, I'm interested to see how many people are buying them because they are STILL the best deal in a Blu-Ray player, inflating the numbers compared to other gaming consoles. If there was a nice 200 dollar blu-ray player out now, these numbers would be different(PS3 atleast).

In my area Wii's are limited to 1 per customer, and 360's aren't even advertised at some stores because they have very little in stock.

Same thing happened with the PS2-- it was the cheapest DVD player at the time.

Wow MS really did blow their wad last year with Halo 3. I wonder if they can catch up with nothing really on the horizon.

Maybe they can release a sequel to that RRoD game everyone keeps posting about. :p

Go PS2 lol, it wil probably still sell well when the 360 gets ditched if the 360 has the same lifecycle as the xbox 1.
Getting a bit fed up of the Very high Wii Sales now lol but yet again....Hats off to Nintendo!

Software attach rates mean absolutely nothing, and Blu-Ray probably has very little to do with the PS3's sales considering that most people don't even have HDTV's and/or are satisfied with DVD's. There's also the fact that the PS3's software sales while not stellar are indeed pretty solid. If Blu-Ray were responsible for any significant amount of its sales, then this wouldn't be the case.

Go PS2 lol, it wil probably still sell well when the 360 gets ditched if the 360 has the same lifecycle as the xbox 1.
360 aint getting ditched like that... MS has no need to (they're the ones pushing the price cuts, not the competition).

Wow MS really did blow their wad last year with Halo 3. I wonder if they can catch up with nothing really on the horizon.

The problem is the price. They need to have another price drop. They went a VERY long time before their first drop, and for how long it has been out now, it should have had at least one more drop. Maybe one is coming, since Europe is getting/got one. Considering some really good exclusives aren't on there way for another 3 months or so, the only thing that'll do it before then, would be a price reduction.

The problem is the price. They need to have another price drop. They went a VERY long time before their first drop, and for how long it has been out now, it should have had at least one more drop. Maybe one is coming, since Europe is getting/got one. Considering some really good exclusives aren't on there way for another 3 months or so, the only thing that'll do it before then, would be a price reduction.

Microsoft want Sony to choke as long as possible with the debt from selling the PS3's under cost. Its really quite obvious. But in total honesty, they need a price drop.

They have potential customers (me) that have been waiting, but quite honsetly, I'm getting tired of waiting. This new PC is also quite convincing in showing me how inferior both next gen consoles already are.

They need a price drop.

Microsoft want Sony to choke as long as possible with the debt from selling the PS3's under cost. Its really quite obvious. But in total honesty, they need a price drop.

They have potential customers (me) that have been waiting, but quite honsetly, I'm getting tired of waiting. This new PC is also quite convincing in showing me how inferior both next gen consoles already are.

They need a price drop.

I tend to agree that, more than any other single factor, price is the biggest problem for Xbox 360 right now, and Sony's done far better at cost cutting than Microsoft has. In just over a year, PS3's point of entry cost has dropped by $100 ($499-->$399), whereas Xbox 360's point of entry price in 2.5 years has only dropped by $20 ($299-->279).

What MS needs right now to ensure their #2 position for the year (forget #1, it's all but lost to both MS and Sony for this generation already) is a pricing model that looks something like:

Core: $199 (SOON!)
Premium: $279 with 60GB Drive
Elite: $349 with 120GB Drive

What they need at the end of the year, just before Christmas, is a *brand new model*, that looks different, comes in different colors, is slimmer, quieter and more reliable than all models thus far, with a user-changeable SATA Hard drive port and a slot load dvd drive.

There's a *reason* why Sony and Nintendo do slim versions and colored packages: they move fucking units! Hello, MS--DUH!

Incorrect.

Developers want to focus on the platforms that will make them the most $$$ (see PC vs console gaming trends)

And in that sense, they care about the total amount of software sold, which is totally different than the attach rate.

The DS and Wii(for the last few months), while having a lower attach rate, have actually moved more software than the 360.

MS likes talking about attach rates since they've been out a year longer so of course their attach rate is higher, people have had them twice as long.

Lets talk about profit. Does the Xbox attach rate matter when they've lost money every year since their first console came out?

They got their butts kicked by the PS2 last generation. They are getting their butts kicked by Nintendo this generation. The PS3 is now selling more than the 360. If you look at total units PSPs and PS2s, Microsoft is getting their butts kicked again by Sony.

MS likes talking about attach rates since they've been out a year longer so of course their attach rate is higher, people have had them twice as long.

Lets talk about profit. Does the Xbox attach rate matter when they've lost money every year since their first console came out?

They got their butts kicked by the PS2 last generation. They are getting their butts kicked by Nintendo this generation. The PS3 is now selling more than the 360. If you look at total units PSPs and PS2s, Microsoft is getting their butts kicked again by Sony.
youre right! The PS2 is still kickin the 360s Butt and hopefully the PS3 will eventually join in!

2005623197766274581_rs.jpg

LOL !

Back