Now This Is How You Mount A Pump In A Lain-li!

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
s10010001-P1010014.JPG

s10010001-P1010015.JPG

s10010001-P1010016.JPG

i like it ... i guess i was just too jealous of the WC system to write up a reply. one question though, does the plex square you're using to hold it in place cover a vent? it kind of looks like it does, some sort of intake/blowhole on the pump.

Originally posted by tekcajder
i like it ... i guess i was just too jealous of the WC system to write up a reply. one question though, does the plex square you're using to hold it in place cover a vent? it kind of looks like it does, some sort of intake/blowhole on the pump.

Im not sure i understand whaat your asking? There is no vent jsut a peice of checkard rubber to prevent vibration...

And as far as that gose... This setup is kinda scary because i cant even tell the pump is on when the system is "OFF" let along when its on...

I have allready cought my reaching in the pannel and putting my hand on the pump to make sure its working... Im working on a flow meter that can be viewed tru a little window on the top of the case...

Cool mounting point, and nice mod on the chassis of the case. I'd also like to chip in on DiseasedCow's question: how to you eliminate vibrations?

easy, no metal touching the pump...

only rubber... you want to make it loose enough to kep the rubber from being compressed 100%, yet tite enough to hold the pump...

so what was referd to as "vents" is rubber matting between the plexi and the pump, you just bolted it down tight enouph to hold but not so tight that the rubber mats dont have room to move and absorb vibrations. (right?)

Originally posted by Corrugated
It isn't connected in those pictures.

Corrugated

he's a genious! :)

but yea hes right it isnt connected. I have since then re dont my tubeing...

...runs to grab camera.....

Back