Now thats Memory

Oh yeah... 2000Mhz.... HyperX Feast on it baby.... 3 more coming Monday!

InsideNewSystem9-2010.jpg

3rd 480 coming Monday....
ylsuper.gif

That is a great looking rig, esp the case and cooler ;)

All kidding aside, it will be interesting to see if you can maintain your OC after you add the other 3 modules. Let us know how it goes.

That is a great looking rig, esp the case and cooler ;)

All kidding aside, it will be interesting to see if you can maintain your OC after you add the other 3 modules. Let us know how it goes.

Will do, watercooling this thing now and will see how it goes after its done. Thanks.

Yeah, I have not seen 12GB work for long periods of time and be stable at 2000MHz on a X58 chipset. P55 might be a different story.

That said, I got in 24GB for my box today...........

What will you be doing to utilize that much RAM?

Editing those awesome [H] videos where we get to hear Kyle's sexy voice.

More on topic: Nice rig OP. Let us know how 12 gigs does at 2000MHz. Also, do you have any plans on putting those 480's on water and OC'ing the hell out of them too?

Last edited:

More on topic: Nice rig OP. Let us know how 12 gigs does at 2000MHz. Also, do you have any plans on putting those 408's on water and OC'ing the hell out of them too?

Thanks and yes I am installing the SLi fittings now... and trying to find out how they go together. Do you just connect the bridge fitting right into the thread and then into the next card? Waiting for DD to get back to me lol.... this will rock when I get it done though...

Thanks and yes I am installing the SLi fittings now... and trying to find out how they go together. Do you just connect the bridge fitting right into the thread and then into the next card? Waiting for DD to get back to me lol.... this will rock when I get it done though...

This sounds like a question for the guys that chill out (much pun intended) in the WC sub forum. I am not very familiar with water cooling in that respect. Aren't the blocks labeled as to where the "in" and "out" are?

This Is my favirote Kyle vid!!! Whoops, I mean this!!! :D Damnit when was the last video review? use that 24gb and do some moar!!!

But with 24gb id get one well of a RAMDISK. Most applications outside of video work don't really make full use of 12 TBH...

Last edited:

It doesn't matter which is in and out because its just a big long passageway. But yes, usually you use the SLI fittings to chain them up. Out or in left or right makes no difference, it's still cold water passing down a tunnel, north/south doesn't matter! Unless you mean through the fitting. Then no, you link them in series, not parallel otherwise there would be little to draw the hot water out the other side.

Like...

1zvbuao.png

Well thats what I have to do. Like this.

Last edited:
Hang on. How come you aren't including your CPU in this custom loop? :confused:

Agreed! beautiful setup, but that H50 can't really compare to a real cpu WC loop. I guess it might be different with 3 480's dumping all that heat in the loop, but still!

Hang on. How come you aren't including your CPU in this custom loop? :confused:

He runs a 520 or whatever rad externally outside of an 800D and runs coolant....

Not exactly a WC pro for all the money he can throw around....

Back