now thats a lot of remote controlled cameras

reminds me of when i worked the in the photo studio in college. the running joke was that the difference between a pro and an amateur was the amount of film.

the "pro" photographers had all of the top of the line cameras at their disposal with endless rolls of film to go shoot an event. they would leave with 5-6 cameras, all the good lenses and huge boxes of film. it wasn't hard to look good when you could take hundreds of shots at a time and then only pick the best two.

While us flunkies were given some old, worn out Nikon F2's with broken flash brackets or sticking lenses and a couple rolls of film to go out and shoot the Chess Club. it used to really piss me off when one of the pro guys would come over to "critique" my photos..

Wow, that's pretty impressive! Also seeing the 1200mm lens in action, isn't that $100,000 worth of glass? Go Canon!

I agree 100% about pros shooting more. Also think location has a great deal to do with your pictures. At the race track pro photographers get trackside passes and get some great photos only because the cars are 10 feet from them. While normal people stand 30 feet away and take photos through a chain link fence. :(

Rob

jimnms said:
I'm suprised this hasn't turned into a Nikon vs. Canon slugfest. :eek:

dude.. how many car wrecks do you see in a year?
:eek:

maw said:
dude.. how many car wrecks do you see in a year?
:eek:

What does that have to do with it?

BTW:
medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

:D

jimnms said:
What does that have to do with it?

heh.. that's what i was referring to.. i took a peek at your website.. i don't think i would accept a ride from you, no offense ;)

I'm a very good driver. No tickets to my name, and never been in a wreck while I was behind the wheel, except that thing flying through my windshield. Only three of those are from this year.

The second pic, I was the passenger, so the blood is mine. We were driving on a dark road, some lose gravel had been spilled on the road in a turn. The driver hit the gravel, the car slid sideways, the front wheel went into a ditch, caught hit a drain pipe that goes under a driveway and flipped over. Almost didn't survive that one thanks to the shitty roof crush standards we have here in the US. The thrid and last pics I just happened to have my camera with me, and the 4th one happened in front of my house.

Back