Now That's a Crypto Crash

except you can use crypto and not have to pay back the credit card...
What do you want them to do? have each store run a wallet? Putting your crypto into a system that lets you pay with a card sounds pretty seamless to me.

what needs to happen in the long run is one of the big CC processors hook up with an exchange and issue a card.

The list of problems to be overcome is fairly large for this to happen, but if it does, boom.

lol this bitcoin madness is actually going to force me to go Nvidia after using radeons only for about the last 15 years its quite sad.

I refuse to $700 dollars cad for a rx580 which is what I was looking at.

The prices are so stupid i'm about to just say F**k it and pickup a 1080ti i'm going go to be forced into spending that much as might aswell just go straight to the top, I would feel less ripped off then paying $700 for a midrange card.

The mining nonsense has really fucked up the market for people just looking for videocards to play games on. I didn't see how serious a problem this was until I started actually looking to upgrade my videocard. Something I would have done in a day or so its now taking me weeks to decide.

Not sure how they plan to fix this nonsense but I know enough people that are just not buying GPU's because of this crap.

On the AMD RX580, I think you could get one with a bit of looking around the $400 to $489 mark, there are lots available at that price. If you look at the ones on eBay with Buy it Now options, there is a lot in the $449 to $499 range.
The Nvidia GTX 1080Ti seems to be selling pretty well at $1100 or above for most of them.

Right now the market for "Machine Learning" and "mining" are the biggest users of GPU chips and are buying all they can get their hands on, so I don't see AMD or NVIDIA doing anything to stop a steady sales flow of as many GPUs as get made, no price cuts needed recently.

Where are you people buying your GPU's? I've just been onto most of the biggest retailers in the UK and they all have stock of 1080Ti's. One of them has two models, one with over 10 in stock. Amazon has multiple retailers with stock on Prime. They're £799 each, so about $1000. Is that your complaint? That used examples of the fastest GPU out now are the same price as new? Because that's not that surprising!

RX580's are thinner on the ground, but I can still see brand new RX580's 8Gb. For £349 each, with "plenty" in stock as their site puts it

Well, I did say USD, so...'Merica!

Isn't shit in stock for 1080 Ti anywhere, and they're all listed at $1000+ now. Checking sold listings on eBay, they're going for about the same.

On the AMD RX580, I think you could get one with a bit of looking around the $400 to $489 mark, there are lots available at that price. If you look at the ones on eBay with Buy it Now options, there is a lot in the $449 to $499 range.
The Nvidia GTX 1080Ti seems to be selling pretty well at $1100 or above for most of them.

Right now the market for "Machine Learning" and "mining" are the biggest users of GPU chips and are buying all they can get their hands on, so I don't see AMD or NVIDIA doing anything to stop a steady sales flow of as many GPUs as get made, no price cuts needed recently.

All rx580's are $500 CAD and up on Ebay and by the time I get it shipped and taxes it will be $600.

Post about crypto prices turns into Obamacare rants? Classic.

I'm on the fence whether it's a bubble or not. On the one hand, people are clearly exhibiting bubble behavior - uneducated about the actual investment and the risk it entails, expecting exponential growth beyond actual exhibited underlying fundamentals, etc etc.

On the other, it's still a relatively niche market and not that many people have jumped in yet, comparatively. And when you ignore it as a currency, primarily (which is why I'm not high on bitcoin), there is a lot of actual amazing use cases for it, many of which seem to currently be being built on Ethereum. So it's early days yet, and the prices may end up being validated. That being said, I think the prices are way ahead of the value, so we'll continue to see huge volatility, but not an outright bust overall - most of these altcoins will end up being total losers, but a handful or several will be winners.

What are you talking about? My premiums doubled BECAUSE of the individual mandate. BECAUSE of Obamacare. Getting rid of the individual mandate is not the issue..

Tell you what... EBound, if your account still exists once we get into 2019, you let me know how that is working out for your health insurance costs. Companies find reasons to increase price to increase profit. EVERY company in America just got a 10% reduction on tax liability. How many said... Hey lets lower the cost of our product by x% and then give back to our employees and stock holders? I won't hold my breath for that answer. They charge what the market can bare. If you think for one second prices won't keep climbing because now there is more money in the market with raises and such, well I don't think I can help you.

Here's a list of year over year percentage growth in health care costs since the 1960s. It should be easy to pick out when Obamacare was passed due to the huge explosio...oh wait, no it isn't.

https://www.thebalance.com/causes-of-rising-healthcare-costs-4064878
https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statis...tionalHealthExpendData/Downloads/NHEGDP16.zip

From '00 to '09, YoY growth averaged 6.9%
From '10 to '16, YoY growth averaged 4.2%

And if you think I'm cherry-picking data, if you choose longer samples prior to '00, the percentage only increases.

Good.
Hopefully the crypto currency market tanks and prices for new GPUs return to normal.

I wouldn't buy scrap used GPUs either.

Good.
Hopefully the crypto currency market tanks and prices for new GPUs return to normal.

Well its a good thing bitconnect has nothing to do with the crypto market and was a classic ponzi scheme.
Boo Hoo you cant buy your luxury item because people are using GPUs for task other than gaming.

Well its a good thing bitconnect has nothing to do with the crypto market and was a classic ponzi scheme.
Boo Hoo you cant buy your luxury item because people are using GPUs for task other than gaming.

Basically this lol. I still game on PC with a four year old card, either pay or enjoy what you have. GPU's aren't the sole property of gamers.

Basically this lol. I still game on PC with a four year old card, either pay or enjoy what you have. GPU's aren't the sole property of gamers.

They should be though. Never before in my life has my video card appreciated hundreds of dollars in value, lmao.

Ripple is the epitome of everything crypto was created to combat.

If they can get the Lightning Network off the ground, it will instantly make a ton of shitcoins completely unnecessary. Bitcoin is the future. It's just not the present.

if... hah. Thanks exactly to that max max style thinking where there are no rules is exactly why the lightning network has been on shaky ground forever. With the constant forks, no one agreeing on anything in the BTC network... that's what you get with that approach. Ripple is targeting the financial sector where the real money is. Like it or not banking and the whole of the financial world is a necessity in our modern era. For as long as the idea of the lightning network has been around... nobody still agrees on how it should be built or implemented. They enjoyed first mover advantage for a long long time, and with no consensus on how to move forward at a pace that can keep up with the world, whatever happens happens.

The few people who want a zombie apocalypse style world... good luck. The rest of the world wants order, security, speed, and when you are operating at the level of trillions upon trillons of dollars. Trust. It's amusing to me that all the hardcore btc guys and girls simply hate the fact that a company/coin is trying to approach things from a legitimate business perspective. Following the rules, working with the laws and governing bodies in our financial system.

BTC was great if you wanted to be sneaky and buy drugs online in the early days. It's still the house hold name but at the end of the day it's still a 1st generation idea in an ever evolving world.

Good.

"Whaaa I want top of the line hardware but I don't want to pay what others are willing to pay"

The two 1080Ti's in my main rig were free... all because I stopped bitching and complaining, did some math, figured out a plan of action and made it happen. By all means though, continue to sit around and wait for someone else to find a solution for you.

Free tip: even if the bottom falls out of crypto, it's not going to change much. Being in the game this long when there's a shake out period, that translates into cheap coins, cheap GPUs to expand the farm, and higher profit down the road.

I have a 1080Ti New in box if anyone is near orange county 1050, Cali. Sorry don't have enough to post in the for sale forum

I bought it and then the crash happened lol.

I really want a 1070 ti

Why would anyone pay ~$1,000 for a used 1080ti when you can just buy a new Titan for $1138 right on the nVidia site? Or is the Titan somehow nerfed for mining? What am I not getting here?

Why would anyone pay ~$1,000 for a used 1080ti when you can just buy a new Titan for $1138 right on the nVidia site? Or is the Titan somehow nerfed for mining? What am I not getting here?

The 1080ti in reviews out performs the Titan. Unless you are talking about the new Titan Vega or whatever it's called.

The 1080ti in reviews out performs the Titan. Unless you are talking about the new Titan Vega or whatever it's called.

Nope...I meant the "plain" old Titan XP. Well, more specifically, the Star Wars edition (which is less than the regular one for some reason).

The thing is, I don't see how the 1080ti could be faster. They're the same processor, only the Titan XP is fully enabled whereas the 1080ti is not. The Titan XP also has more memory (and memory bandwidth).

Not getting the $2,500 "gold is best" XXXXXL Xtreme! Titan, on the other hand, I get. :)

Nope...I meant the "plain" old Titan XP. Well, more specifically, the Star Wars edition (which is less than the regular one for some reason).

The thing is, I don't see how the 1080ti could be faster. They're the same processor, only the Titan XP is fully enabled whereas the 1080ti is not. The Titan XP also has more memory (and memory bandwidth).

Not getting the $2,500 "gold is best" XXXXXL Xtreme! Titan, on the other hand, I get. :)

You know what you are absolutely correct. I know what I'm saving my cryptocurrency for. (To be fair by the time I have enough... after fees.. we may be 3 generations in from what we have today.)

You know what you are absolutely correct. I know what I'm saving my cryptocurrency for. (To be fair by the time I have enough... after fees.. we may be 3 generations in from what we have today.)

Hey, I hear you. I'm not going to be able to afford a Titan XP any time soon. I'd be happy to be able to buy a 1060 at MSRP. Hell, I'd probably buy a 1050ti at MSRP just to get the extra memory...

No thanks man, I still have an old 8800 GTX I can putt around in if I am feeling nostalgic.
LOL I just re ready my post. out of context it seems like I was saying that is the price of the GPU, no it is the number of MILES on the GPU. ;)

Okay, don't listen to someone who ran a mining farm for half a year, whatever dude.

Get bent jackass, you're the one bringing attitude here, and IDGAF. You wanted more info, I gave it to you, and you threw it back in my face.

Dumbest post on [H] in 5 years.

Yea there’s tons of proof bro, of course I don’t have any, or links to any, or anything to back up my bs post... but bro, here’s proof. Do you search for Sasquatch?

Okay, don't listen to someone who ran a mining farm for half a year, whatever dude.

Get bent jackass, you're the one bringing attitude here, and IDGAF. You wanted more info, I gave it to you, and you threw it back in my face.

No you provided nothing in that post. Still, you have provided nothing. So when you feel like compiling some data, or linking to someone else who has compiled some data...

Short sighted much. They also cut all government money to help buy health insurance, and removed the invidivual mandate. Meaning everyone is going to see their insurance prices go up, some by at least 10 fold. THEN the tax break that the individuals received starts to disappear while the tax break for the wealthy and the businesses.. is locked in place. Yea... thanks for the raise but my expenses doubled. Gee I'm soo much better off now.
First off, how did crypto morph into politics?

Second, are you blaming the failure of the Democrat's Obamacare on the Republicans? I agree removing the individual mandate is going to screw the middle class, but we wouldn't even be in this mess if the Dem's hadn't screwed up the healthcare system.

Thirdly, there is no tax break for the wealthy that stays and even if there was, they pay substantially more taxes than you or I by any measure. They only get a measely 2% tax cut with the bill and the estate tax is not something you get to use until you DIE!

Fourth, the corporate tax is passed on to you and I. The US had the highest corporate tax in the world, before the GOP tax bill. The tax cut will bring millions of jobs back to America. Case in point: Apple is already bringing back ~$38B through the repatriation exemption and pledges to create 20,000 new jobs! That's enough money for at least TWO WALLS!

LOL

Gotta love all the smoke & mirrors talk about "Millions of jobs back to America" and the other stuff that likes to get thrown out there about "lowest unemployment rate in such and such years.."..
which is it? If unemployment is sooo low.. America doesn't need the "millions and millions" of jobs..

Back