Now That's a Crypto Crash

Okay, don't listen to someone who ran a mining farm for half a year, whatever dude.

Get bent jackass, you're the one bringing attitude here, and IDGAF. You wanted more info, I gave it to you, and you threw it back in my face.

Need some advice... what should I be mining with a 1080 Ti and a 970m laptop?

Good let it slam to the deck... ill buy more coin for when it elevates again. Good times for coin.

I have both -- mining on a 970m isn't that worthwhile... I only do it because otherwise that laptop sits idle since I rarely use it. To put it in perspective: 24 hours mining on the 970m is the same amount of work a standard 1060 3GB card can do in 12 hours. Not to mention it's harder to manage thermals on any laptop style GPU.

Up until very recently 1080Ti's were rather plentiful... expensive but not a bad price for the amount of GPU power you get (for gaming or mining) I bought one, and my little operation was profitable enough I went and bought another one just to say I had Dual 1080Ti's in my main rig.

Paying 7 cents per kWh is rather important to my operation too.

I'm not going to give mining advice, firstly because I haven't mined very recently, so I would not have the most current info for that regard, secondly, because I don't feel comfortable giving financial advice in this context, sorry.

I probably wouldn't even risk it on the laptop, but if you insist on it then you should definitely make sure the heatsink and fans are clean and apply fresh TIM making sure its something better than the stock goop.

What most of you in this thread don't get is that when the price is low, that's when you mine the shit out of it. And when prices go up, you suddenly find yourself thinking "oh look my $1000/month turned into $2000/month".

Back