Now pipeline, but cyberpunk?

UltraTaco

Limp Gawd
Hi mates!! Darksiders attacked colonial pipeline with ransomware, but taco never found out whatever happn to cyberpunk developer project red when they got attacked with ransomware nd refused to pay.

Did there information ever get leaked? What was the outcome? Tha k you!!

Would be interesting to know. This connected world is getting too dangerous. It's time to put up those virtual walls aka firewalls. Geoblocking should be a required free option with every isp--we can do it with international phone calls--how hard is this? o_O

At the very least, there should be an entirely separate network for infrastructure, with no connections to "The Internet", and no connections outside the country. It needs to be guarded physically, and secured thoroughly. If it's not already, then it needs to be, asap.

At the very least, there should be an entirely separate network for infrastructure, with no connections to "The Internet", and no connections outside the country. It needs to be guarded physically, and secured thoroughly. If it's not already, then it needs to be, asap.
Yep, and that's just the basics too. It would be nice to just unplug it all or go back to modems so it will be painfully slow and they'll just give up, lol.

I haven't seen much at all in the news about it since CDPR refused to pay and I'm a bit skeptical that they changed their mind and paid after being so adamant about not doing so but who knows. I'm guessing the 2077 and Witcher 3 source code haven't publicly leaked or else I would have heard about it (and a casual check in one of the "usual places" came back empty)
According to this infosec Twitter, the auction for the source code (which was initially reported by this other infosec Twitter) was ended early after the hackers claimed "an offer was received... that satisfied us". There is however a lot of skepticism as to the honesty of that claim because the 1M$ starting bid and 7M$ "buy it now" prices were so high and hacker groups lie all the time. Without more information that may never come to light it's difficult to say what really happened but I see a few possibilities
- black hat group bought the code and is going to use it to further embarrass CDPR and create exploits targeting 2077/W3 players.
- grey hat group bought the code and is going to use it to further embarrass CDPR and wants to publicly release it just for the sake of doing so.
- white hat group bought the code to suppress it to avoid creation of exploits targeting 2077/W3 players.
- CDPR bought the code after all and the hacker group was so pleased their blackmail worked that they graciously kept CDPR's name out of their mouths when ending the auction early.
- nobody bought the code and the hacker group was so embarrassed that their blackmail was doomed to failure that they concocted a scenario that would allow them to wash their hands of the whole thing.
I tried gathering more info direct from the source but it was a dead end- the forum the auction was posted on (which isn't publicly listed but is easy enough to find, be safe and use TOR) requires registration to join- however they only accepts new users that are either established black hats or pay a $100 fee, presumably to prevent civs like me from casually registering with a throwaway Protonmail acc't.
Out of all the possible scenarios, tbh I think the "nobody bought the code" is the most likely although I might entertain the "CDPR covertly bought the data themselves" one. If the code was out there, I'd imagine we'd be seeing leaks, datamines, public shaming, possibly more blackmail, malicious mods, and so on. Instead it's been... nothing. For months.

Back