Now I have a legit reason to hate EGS

Brian_B

2[H]4U
I don't really have a problem with EGS vs Steam vs anything else.

Just reinstalled Windows after having a hard drive issue. I kept all the game installs backed up, but didn't image the OS drive.

With Steam, I just re-install steam, point it to my directory, and it's good, it picks up the game installs.

With EGS... can't do that. Seems like at one point I could, but trying this time: everything in my library shows up as "Install".

Try to Install to existing location where the files are "Directory must be empty"...

Ok, so rename the existing directory and start the download, kill EGS, copy source files back into newly created directory... EGS sees the files and starts to verify. OK Success~! I thought. Then I check the Downloads, and it's just redownloading the entire thing over again.

On my slow ISP, this is painfully ridiculous, and for some other reason, when EGS is downloading, computer won't go into power save on the monitors...

Anyone have any luck with doing something like this?

I don't really have a problem with EGS vs Steam vs anything else.

Just reinstalled Windows after having a hard drive issue. I kept all the game installs backed up, but didn't image the OS drive.

With Steam, I just re-install steam, point it to my directory, and it's good, it picks up the game installs.

With EGS... can't do that. Seems like at one point I could, but trying this time: everything in my library shows up as "Install".

Try to Install to existing location where the files are "Directory must be empty"...

Ok, so rename the existing directory and start the download, kill EGS, copy source files back into newly created directory... EGS sees the files and starts to verify. OK Success~! I thought. Then I check the Downloads, and it's just redownloading the entire thing over again.

On my slow ISP, this is painfully ridiculous, and for some other reason, when EGS is downloading, computer won't go into power save on the monitors...

Anyone have any luck with doing something like this?
the the method in post #9 here:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtou...slauncher-recognising-already-installed-files

Yeah it deletes everything if you uninstall it's a real bummer. The directory doesn't matter it will uninstall any location you have the files

Lies. It is a standard practice in many industries, and normal for consoles.
LOL, you're on a roll aren't you?

First off, none of what I said can be a lie, unless I'm lying about hating EGS, or lying about my own opinion.

Second: Exactly, it was a standard practice for consoles that I hate just as much, or more. I especially despised it when I was in school and couldn't afford any console.

So why would I not hate the company that is trying to make it a practice on PC too, which was thus far free of it.

Almost all of the games on EGS are DRM-free. If you're not bothered by updates and/or cloud saves, you'll do quite alright.

Back