Now Batting: Intel and a New All-Star Experience

HardOCP News

[H] News
July is here, and that means more than just sunny days, swimming and barbecues – it also means baseball’s “Midsummer Classic” is right around the corner. Today, as part of Intel’s ongoing initiatives to reinvent the sports experience, I’m excited to announce the future of baseball replay technology is here. Intel’s 360-degree replay technology is designed to enhance the broadcasts of ballpark events comprising Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Week on ESPN, FOX, MLB Network, as well as the digital and mobile platforms of MLB.com.

We will be implementing this technology in a Major League Baseball ballpark for the first time at beautiful Petco Park in San Diego, host to this week’s All-Star festivities, as part of our new partnership with MLB. Our goal in bringing this technology to baseball is to create a more engaging visual experience for fans who tune in to America’s favorite sport on networks and digital and mobile platforms by providing a unique perspective of the best plays everyone will be talking about.

"Welcome to the newfangled multi-angle viewpoints - it failed miserably on DVDs and never really kicked off, but we know it'll be a hit, literally, since we're bringing it to the world during a baseball game where you can watch nothing really happening from most anywhere..."

That's my take on it, just seems like a waste of time and technology but whatever. I know the idea of having a fresh perspective on a situation can be a revealing and sometimes game changing (no pun intended) experience, but this is just ridiculous. :D

They used it (or something similar ) during the Superbowl and rarely showed it off. It was hyped up and I think we saw about 4 plays.

Back