Novell Login Prompt Issue.

Taradino

Limp Gawd
I use The Novell Client 4.91 sp2 and when I turn my computer on, I get the novel prompt.
It prompts me for a network user name and passcode, well there is also an entry in the advanced options for a local workstation name.
So you could log into the network under a specific network name and you could also log into the local workstation under a specific name.

Well my problem is, when I enter a network user name it also appears in the local workstation name entry box.

How can I un sync it so that when i put in a network user name it DOESN"T put that same name into the local workstation user

Thanks

VeeDubbs

Limp Gawd
Im not at my work computer right now so I can't be too detailed. But I think it is in the Novell Client properties under the Advanced Login tab. There should be a place to set which Windows account to log in to - and it should stick.

Not sure if this will even apply to you - but have you considered looking into Novell dynamic profiles which will create a windows user account for anybody that succesfully logs into the network? Just a thought.

Nasty_Savage

[H]ardForum Junkie
This is correct. There should be an option for syncing the local and network accounts which you would want to turn off in this case.