NOVALOGIC ?

Majeztik12

Limp Gawd
With all the current FPS out. Does anybody know if NovaLogic is going to continue its Delta Force line of shooters?

I'd love to see more stuff from NovaLogic, seeing as they made some of my favorite games of all time. It's not looking very promising, though. Their website looks quite dated and the last time they released so much as an update for a game was in 2005; but I may be mistaken.

Here's to hoping so, but I doubt it.

ahhh delta force 1 :) by far one of my old classics ... loved that game online!

oh i hope so. delta force has always been one of my favourite fps series. i just loved creeping around the hills and sniping from far away. it had a slower pace than your average fps, you actually felt like a sniper waiting to get your kill, lol.

I really wish they would consider it. They pioneered bullet dynamics, and usually used top tier graphics. Online was of the hook.

oh i hope so. delta force has always been one of my favourite fps series. i just loved creeping around the hills and sniping from far away. it had a slower pace than your average fps, you actually felt like a sniper waiting to get your kill, lol.

lol...I remember this. The fun was in knifing snipers. It may have taken me 15 minutes to find a sniper way out there, but the satisfaction of killing one from behind with a knife is just so glorious.

I would consider them dead. They were supposed to come out with Delta Force Angels Falls ages ago and no new news. I think they are as good as gone. Its a shame as I love joint ops online. Great times!

It made my head hurt to read their forums, but I *think* DF: Angel Falls is in beta testing now and due for release in November.

I've heard that Angel Falls beta is postponed until November. Anyway, you can read their forum, just need to register there. I kinda liked DF1/2/LW/BHD Anything after that was kinda shitty rehash/remake of the previous releases.

Take hill 42 was my favorite map. My handle comes from when I used to play DF back I the day :). Good times! I'll have to pick up the new version.

BHD rocked. The original joint ops just hurt. Helicopters go up, down, turn left, right...and go forward back. Weee..Or not.

There still BHD servers?

Well Delta Force Xtreme 2 came out in 2009 so they are still active. I'm sure they will release Angel Falls eventually and not just throw out all that work.

what a blast from the past

sup delta force @ 320x240 and still running pretty shitty... granted UT99 didn't' do much better on that system... 320x240 and still doing 15 fps on average.

i remember my next machine did 1600x1200 @ 60+. i was like whoaaaAAAAA. holy shit.

what a blast from the past

sup delta force @ 320x240 and still running pretty shitty... granted UT99 didn't' do much better on that system... 320x240 and still doing 15 fps on average.

i remember my next machine did 1600x1200 @ 60+. i was like whoaaaAAAAA. holy shit.

Can those original Delta Force games scale to 2560x1600?

Maybe, but it might not be pretty, there's a lot of software rendering

Novalogic dropped the ball. They were doing Battlefield type of MP game long before Dice decided to get in the game. Dice used to make STCC racing games when Novalogic's Delta Force series came out. I hear there are still people playing Delta Force games online but I haven't installed any of them for years now.

I'm pretty sure they are done, they seem to have major problems dealing with cheaters or just maintaining their games, from the original Delta Force all the way to whatever their newest game is, I remember in Black Hawk Down a group of cheaters actually managed to get about 100,000 valid cd keys and they destroyed servers for at least a week before Novalogic found out about them and did something about the keys and sure in Black Hawk Down cheaters did get banned regularly but it didn't stop them.
I used to talk to a sysop back when they were using MSN messenger for people to report cheaters and several of them told me how they became sort of friends with a few cheaters and they wouldn't ban them right away if they were reported, they'd let them continue to fly around with the classic AT4 minigun wrecking everyone.

I just can't understand why they didn't occasionally throw out a patch to temporarily put a stop to the cheaters, they'd throw out a few updates when the game is released then they'd just forget about it...
Take Delta Force 2 for example, that game lived right into 2006 or so but the last patch for the game was on March 7th 2000 which was about 4 months after the game was released.
That was the last time they updated the game, meanwhile there were cheaters in every single Novalogic server, 24/7 up till it died and they did nothing, I think from the time I started playing that game in 1999 up till it died I saw a sysop kick 1 person yet people were always in the Nova servers using masskill or deadknife, speedhack, auto nades and all the other bs

Black Hawk Down came out in 2003, the last update for that game was in 2004, Delta Force came out in late 1998, the last update for it was in 2000, Land Warrior came out in 2000, last update was in 2002, anyone remember the mousescale command disabling recoil in MP games, good times

I'll forever love Delta Force, Delta Force 2, Land Warrior and BHD but I just wish Novalogic continued to support their games and not let them get taken over

I'm pretty sure they are done, they seem to have major problems dealing with cheaters or just maintaining their games, from the original Delta Force all the way to whatever their newest game is, I remember in Black Hawk Down a group of cheaters actually managed to get about 100,000 valid cd keys and they destroyed servers for at least a week before Novalogic found out about them and did something about the keys and sure in Black Hawk Down cheaters did get banned regularly but it didn't stop them.
I used to talk to a sysop back when they were using MSN messenger for people to report cheaters and several of them told me how they became sort of friends with a few cheaters and they wouldn't ban them right away if they were reported, they'd let them continue to fly around with the classic AT4 minigun wrecking everyone.

I just can't understand why they didn't occasionally throw out a patch to temporarily put a stop to the cheaters, they'd throw out a few updates when the game is released then they'd just forget about it...
Take Delta Force 2 for example, that game lived right into 2006 or so but the last patch for the game was on March 7th 2000 which was about 4 months after the game was released.
That was the last time they updated the game, meanwhile there were cheaters in every single Novalogic server, 24/7 up till it died and they did nothing, I think from the time I started playing that game in 1999 up till it died I saw a sysop kick 1 person yet people were always in the Nova servers using masskill or deadknife, speedhack, auto nades and all the other bs

Black Hawk Down came out in 2003, the last update for that game was in 2004, Delta Force came out in late 1998, the last update for it was in 2000, Land Warrior came out in 2000, last update was in 2002, anyone remember the mousescale command disabling recoil in MP games, good times

I'll forever love Delta Force, Delta Force 2, Land Warrior and BHD but I just wish Novalogic continued to support their games and not let them get taken over

This.

delta force was comically primitive in it's multiplayer, it trusted the client on anything and everything.

flying around the map with full auto grenade launchers was a cinch.

delta force was comically primitive in it's multiplayer, it trusted the client on anything and everything.

flying around the map with full auto grenade launchers was a cinch.

They did fix this in JO retail and later games like Xtreme and Xtreme 2 though.

The JO beta though was the last time you could fly around with cheats and walk through walls.

Ah, yes, I really loved playing Delta Force, but it was sooo easy to hack in that game. There was no sort of protection at all.

Land warrior was cool i remember, then i stopped playing them for some reason.

I was map maker, map rater, and sig maker for dfbarracks.net

DF lost it when they took away grass after Df2, it sucked after that, BHD was the next good one and most all other games have been crap revamps with some new maps and a new gun here and there.

Do they actually make tactical shooters?
When was their last good tactical shooter?

I played all the Delta Force games, or rather, tried them all and only owned one. I was never big on them, though I loved the openness of the maps compared to all the other shooters out at the time. I would actually be more interested in seeing the Armored Fist series continued. There are very few good tank sims out, and although Armored Fist was a bit arcadey, it's still better than a lot of the offerings out there.

Agreed, I miss the huge 200+ page manuals that used to ship with Flight sims. Falcon 4.0's was like 700 pages and came in a binder, awesome. Now they make you dig through a giant PDF instead.

Back