Not open for further replies.

Richneerd

Gawd
Seller viivo:
https://hardforum.com/members/viivo.122924/
https://hardforum.com/members/viivo.122924/

Buyer: me
https://hardforum.com/members/richneerd.210794/

I been buying and selling here since I started. never had a problem till now.

viivo responded very fast to get my money, then after that disappeared and ignored all my messages.

Sent him money, he asked for google pay.

Item that he listed for sell:
LG 34UC80 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide monitor

Here is the convo, after Saturday 5/08/2020 he no longer was talking to me, but I can see him log in.

I have asked him to text me, I gave him my phone number.

Still getting no followups.
Should I file a dispute?
I mean if he really is tight on money at least ask, he doesn't have to scheme me to get money.

Any comments or suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

1589304894649.png

1589304953170.png

1589304998568.png

1589305042579.png

1589305271718.png

There have been a higher number of these lately. At least I seem to see more of these posts popping up vs before.

Good luck.

There have been a higher number of these lately. At least I seem to see more of these posts popping up vs before.

Good luck.

Thanks for the comments, should I keep waiting? I checked google pay. Since I have substantial evidence, I can dispute.

Thanks!

viivo

Last seen Today at 12:12 PM · Viewing forum list

what gives?

not sure where you live but even in my state (MA) all places like UPS fedex and post office are open with reduced hours. only one location i tried was closed but that was for some renovations I think

viivo

Last seen Today at 12:12 PM · Viewing forum list

what gives?

not sure where you live but even in my state (MA) all places like UPS fedex and post office are open with reduced hours. only one location i tried was closed but that was for some renovations I think

I know right? if he did a request to pickup, he will be provided with a tracking number.

At least give me that to show his actions.

I would give more time. I've waited an entire week+ on ebay before. Just know when your dispute time frame is.

I've personally dropped off several items sold here at the USPS and UPS Store with no problem whatsoever including a deal we made. Sorry for your problems with this guy and hope it gets straightened out for you.

Thanks Again !

I'm in the Bay,

And all these FedEx Places are open till 6 P.M.

1589307089028.png

Here are the UPS hours

1589307133645.png

I'm sure viivo can do the same search and just pick/call.

I'll give him till tomorrow I guess then I'll start the dispute process with google.

I've personally dropped off several items sold here at the USPS and UPS Store with no problem whatsoever including a deal we made. Sorry for your problems with this guy and hope it gets straightened out for you.

Thanks Again !

I love you! it was quick and easy.

You sir are the reason why I still come back here and do deals.
This community is great, better than other hardware swap places.

Thanks for the comments!

I would give more time. I've waited an entire week+ on ebay before. Just know when your dispute time frame is.

I don't know man, if he needed more time at least let me know. We are in a pandemic, he shouldn't be that busy. Unless he is a nurse then shit, let me know.

Used our local Fedex store a couple weeks ago. Limited customers allowed in but otherwise open as usual.

I also had gotten an item from a user here that was doing the pickup from home but didn't realize you had to pay first before they would actually pick up the item, however they did have a tracking number. Once this was realized (a couple days later), they just went to the store to drop it off. ezpz - communication was adequate in the process for me not to worry about getting scammed. That is the missing key here it sounds like. MAYBE, depending on where they live, they had a tighter lockdown of businesses? Shouldn't stop chat communication though..

What's the policy on disputes for Google Pay? I would at least check with that to determine if you need to start asap or give a couple more days for a response. Good luck either way

Used our local Fedex store a couple weeks ago. Limited customers allowed in but otherwise open as usual.

I also had gotten an item from a user here that was doing the pickup from home but didn't realize you had to pay first before they would actually pick up the item, however they did have a tracking number. Once this was realized (a couple days later), they just went to the store to drop it off. ezpz - communication was adequate in the process for me not to worry about getting scammed. That is the missing key here it sounds like. MAYBE, depending on where they live, they had a tighter lockdown of businesses? Shouldn't stop chat communication though..

What's the policy on disputes for Google Pay? I would at least check with that to determine if you need to start asap or give a couple more days for a response. Good luck either way

In all states these services are deemed critical. I am not aware of anywhere where they are not.

So the thing about GooglePay P2P is that I'm pretty sure its just like Venmo, Zelle, etc. There is no recourse. You are supposed to only send money to people you trust. If this was done with a debit card or ACH bank account there is no disputing. GooglePay with credit cards at online retailers is the same as just using your credit card. Fraud protection is through the credit card not google. If you did a person to person transaction on GPay you have to use a bank or debit card. Its just like sending cash.

From the official terms of service:
6.2 Fraud

If you believe your Google Payments Account has been opened or used in an unauthorized manner, please see our fraud protection process. Also, please see our Help Center for more information on how GPC protects you from fraud. Please note that fraudulent P2P transactions may result in the loss of your money with no recourse.

Note that I didn't add the bold text. That was in the terms of service. Google only covers you if someone managed to get into your account by hacking or other fraudulent ways and sends a payment without your knowledge. If a person doesn't send you the product you paid for you are out of luck.
https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/u/0/get_legal_document?ldo=0&ldt=buyertos&ldr=US#SafeHtmlFilter_Google Pay P2P Service and Other Google Pay Terms

So the thing about GooglePay P2P is that I'm pretty sure its just like Venmo, Zelle, etc. There is no recourse. You are supposed to only send money to people you trust. If this was done with a debit card or ACH bank account there is no disputing. GooglePay with credit cards at online retailers is the same as just using your credit card. Fraud protection is through the credit card not google. If you did a person to person transaction on GPay you have to use a bank or debit card. Its just like sending cash.

From the official terms of service:

Note that I didn't add the bold text. That was in the terms of service. Google only covers you if someone managed to get into your account by hacking or other fraudulent ways and sends a payment without your knowledge. If a person doesn't send you the product you paid for you are out of luck.
https://payments.google.com/payments/apis-secure/u/0/get_legal_document?ldo=0&ldt=buyertos&ldr=US#SafeHtmlFilter_Google Pay P2P Service and Other Google Pay Terms

So that's why he is pushing people to send google pay to him?

I see...he got me good.

Seriously? It's been two business days. I explained fairly clearly that the UPS office where I usually take shipments is closed I had to do it online and wait for them to pick it up.

People hate Paypal because the buyer can always scam the seller by filing a credit card dispute (even for friends and family). The opposite is true on Venmo, GPay, Zelle, etc. Its basically a direct bank transfer. There's no perfect system--someone always takes the risk of getting scammed. With Paypal the seller is taking all the risk but with P2P payments its the buyer.

Edit: speaking in general terms about payment methods and not stating any opinion about the current transaction

Tracking by the way which I sent him: 1Z630X170367206698

You're why many honest traders just gave up instead of dealing with people who don't care about ruining a person's reputation over nothing. I'd understand if I hadn't told you exactly what was going on,when, and why.

Last edited:
Speaking of UPS, they did mention that some sites may be closed due to COVID.

Are UPS pickup and drop off locations open and operating?
Many of our pickup and drop off locations, including The UPS Store®, are still operating. Some businesses that serve as UPS Access Point® locations are closing or adjusting their operations due to coronavirus. The UPS Global Locator is updated in real-time to reflect the nearest available active locations.
https://www.ups.com/ca/en/about/news/important-updates.page

Seriously? It's been two business days. I explained fairly clearly that the UPS office where I usually take shipments is closed I had to do it online and wait for them to pick it up.

Take it into consideration of others.

I'm happy that you followed up.

Stay healthy, and god bless. I'll follow up with this matter once I have receive the product.

Yeah, OP jumped the gun if you ask me.

Maybe I did, maybe I did not, the thing is; constant messaging 3-4 days of no reply. I'm sure you'll start saying something too. Imaging if this was a bigger purchase, maybe a car?

You're why many honest traders just gave up instead of dealing with people who don't care about ruining a person's reputation over nothing. I'd understand if I hadn't told you exactly what was going on,when, and why.
He paid you last wednesday, even with the current situation, shouldn't take a week just to provide tracking. Even if the UPS location you went to was closed, I don't see why you couldn't go to fedex, usps, or just get a label online and have them pick it up. Also communication from you looks pretty iffy, no response for several days both times...

He paid you last wednesday, even with the current situation, shouldn't take a week just to provide tracking. Even if the UPS location you went to was closed, I don't see why you couldn't go to fedex, usps, or just get a label online and have them pick it up. Also communication from you looks pretty iffy, no response for several days both times...

He dropped the ball on this one, all he had to do was just message me and follow up daily. He even signed on and browsed the forum.

Now I'm not here to slander his name, I just wanted know what's going on. We are in the same situation like everyone else in the USA.

Trying to find good deals in this pandemic.

As I have stated before, I'll follow up with this matter once the product has been received. I want to thank everyone who chimed in.

Take the 10 seconds to respond to your buyers repeated attempts to contact you and you won't have this problem.

Signed,
Many Honest Traders.

He dropped the ball on this one, all he had to do was just message me and follow up daily. He even signed on and browsed the forum.

Now I'm not here to slander his name, I just wanted know what's going on. We are in the same situation like everyone else in the USA.

Trying to find good deals in this pandemic.

As I have stated before, I'll follow up with this matter once the product has been received. I want to thank everyone who chimed in.

IMO, this thread was completely justified given the situation. Communication is key, and it takes all of 30 seconds to reply to someone, especially someone who is actively logging in and browsing the forums already.

I'll wait another day, maybe UPS system is slow?

From my experience once the item is checked in, it should populate automatically.

Loving this roller coaster.

I promised a buyer here I’d ship on Monday, I drove to three different locations in three different towns but I shipped on Monday as I promised. Communication is key here, from both sides.

Thanks responding in this thread.

All I have to say is to have some empathy for your buyers in today's climate. This can be avoided if you respond to them back promptly, even if you have no positive update. 99% of the buyers and sellers here are understanding, and know that they aren't buying from Amazon.com. I've had sells where I was late in shipping, and honestly about my situation was met with empathy.

Richneerd , I hope this serves as a reminder that the moment you agree to not use Paypal for a Goods and Services transaction, literally all the risk of the sale falls on you. I would never agree with this unless I know the forum member personally.

I promised a buyer here I’d ship on Monday, I drove to three different locations in three different towns but I shipped on Monday as I promised. Communication is key here, from both sides.

That's good that you did that but it really is over the top imo. People have to understand this isn't amazon and we're in the midst of a pandemic so a little slack is okay.

Yeah, OP jumped the gun if you ask me.
No way did OP jump the gun here. We are talking about over $300 which is a weeks paycheck for some people.
Seller - Crap for sale
Buyer - Ill buy crap for $300
Buyer pays $300
Seller - Dude stuff closed due to Covid, scheduling pick up
Buyer - Dude sent out yet?
Buyer - Dude sent out yet?
Buyer - Dude I see that you have logged on multiple times, stuff sent out yet?
Buyer - Dude getting worried, no communication, whats going on, wheres my stuff?
Buyer - Starts [H]ard thread "possible bad trader"
Seller - Hey man, I told you a couple of days ago I was scheduling a pick up.
Me - I don't care if this man was selling a 2020 Mercedes Benz for $300. That's $300 of MY MONEY! Communication!
Hell I take a couple of shits a day at about 5 minutes each. Take the dog out twice a day for about 8 minutes each and in neither one of those scenarios am I wiping my ass with $300 or am I giving the dog $300 but I STILL make sure it happens.
Bad communicator and would not do business with that guy ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back