ajohnson_220708_5332_0005.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ajohnson_220708_5332_0002.jpg
    ajohnson_220708_5332_0002.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0
  • ajohnson_220708_5332_0003.jpg
    ajohnson_220708_5332_0003.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0
More options = a good thing, but this doesn't really appeal to me at all. I don't like the look of it (and am sure I'd have it in a case anyway), I don't need lighting effects, and I don't really care for the dot matrix system font, either.

It's not even for sale in the U.S.

But for the price it seems like a cool phone, I think the highest spec'd version is approx. $499.

Too big & heavy. Also the SoC choice is a letdown. Personally I'm interested in switching my S22 to Asus ZenFone 9 - I'd loose tele but otherwise it would definitely be better. OneUI sucks. Exynos sucks. Camera is a letdown (coming from Huawei P30).

It feels like an intentionally niche product. There are tons of cheap to midrange devices out there and I don't really see anything unique or compelling about this one except the LED's...which would be a niche want. It'll be interesting to see what phone manufacturers are left in 3-4 years.

I only like this phone, due to it running a very close version of stock Android, or should I say, stock Pixel type OS. We need more phones running stock no bloatware Android.

I apologize I didn't click the video, but why is the lighting thing on the back almost trying to look like a shitty line drawing of an apple logo?

Other than that I like the overall appearance. Sometimes I like see-through crap like this. I wanna see moar stuff though like components and things.

I'm always fascinated when I see x-rays of phones. I used to love how motherboards in PCs looked. Now, everything is covered up. Hate it.

12-128686_samsung-s8-x-ray.png

I only like this phone, due to it running a very close version of stock Android, or should I say, stock Pixel type OS. We need more phones running stock no bloatware Android.
What's the word on software support and updates though?

There's plenty of options out there with good hardware, but really only 2-3 with any commitment to software support. So personally I can only consider Google, Samsung, or maybe Sony.

I like the look of it, but the specs etc. are a bit of a let down. However, it's a moot point since its not coming to the US.

I like the look of it, but the specs etc. are a bit of a let down. However, it's a moot point since its not coming to the US.
They are and they aren't. It would've been nice to have a faster processor and otherwise compete with flagships, but this might be a shrewd play on Nothing's part: aim at the people who want a capable, attention-getting phone but balk at the thought of paying the usual premium prices. The twenty-something who wants more than a basic phone but still has to make the most of their just-out-of-school income.

This phone has some crazy marketing. I don’t see or hear anyone talk about it in the usual places but every day there is a google news section for it with what I assume are paid for tech blog articles about it hyping it like it’s the next big thing.

I don't see much difference compared to OnePlus One when it comes to marketing.

This phone has some crazy marketing. I don’t see or hear anyone talk about it in the usual places but every day there is a google news section for it with what I assume are paid for tech blog articles about it hyping it like it’s the next big thing.
Eh, they're probably not paid off; the hyperbolic ones might just be overstating the case. From everything I've seen, the Nothing Phone 1 is a good all-round mid-range phone that just happens to have a flashy design. It's not game-changing, but it's still worth a look.

Back