Notebook Review and Forums closing 1/31/2022

Editorial tomorrow on HardOCP.com that talks about the direction of the review industry.
Looking forward to it.

I've suspected it is due to a combination of near ubiquitous ad-blockers among the tech savvy and how all the ad revenue is going to video (youtube and the like) but I'd live to hear an inside perspective from someone who isn't just guessing, like I am.

Looking forward to it.

I've suspected it is due to a combination of near ubiquitous ad-blockers among the tech savvy and how all the ad revenue is going to video (youtube and the like) but I'd live to hear an inside perspective from someone who isn't just guessing, like I am.
Looking well beyond that... Ahead, not behind.

My laptop workstation is still ticking with a failing board. That site was a contributing factor for its existence in my work bag.

gee, i did end up there a few times, it was very useful for nb things, sad

This is a real shame. I just recently got a Dell M6800 and despite it's age the thing is built like a tank and is a real pleasure to use. The thread about the M6800 over on Notebookreview is 146 pages long, and was a great read that gave me a lot of good info. It sucks to see that resource vanish.
Interestingly enough I was eyeing this one. I was going to get one with the K4100 card?

Interestingly enough I was eyeing this one. I was going to get one with the K4100 card?

That is what mine has. It's pretty capable. 680M / 770M performance for the most part. Only real downside is that it's already past driver support. The newest driver is version 426 or something like that, but it works fine with Windows 11. It plays World of Warcraft pretty well, which is the main game I care about. I've also tried GTA5, Diablo 3, and CS:Go, and it ran all of those fine also at reasonable settings.

Back