Note 8 is still coming :D

The downside of a Note 8 release is it's just not going to sell very well as people just won't take the risk a second time unless Samsung does actually discover precisely what went wrong with the Note 7 and I mean they have to find out and be able to reproduce it without fail and also be able to prove it's a fixable thing at all. I'm pretty doubtful of that myself but maybe they'll be able to figure it out at some point.

It's ironic to say that smartphones have gotten to the point where there's not that much "new" they can do so, in this situation it's now about fixing what's wrong - as noted in another post I made in the recent past, MKBHD made a video last year about "the Perfect Smartphone" where he makes the observation that in today's world since all of them seem to be fairly equal with nothing that really stands out we've had to switch from comparing what's got the newest coolest stuff to what's got the least amount of actual problems (or defects, as is the case with the Note 7 unfortunately).

Let's hope the Note 8 covers all the bases and Samsung gets a chance to recoup not only some revenue but some reputation as well.

I wouldn't care what explanation Samsung came up with personally. I have had a Note 2,3,4,5 and 7. My Note 2,3 and 7 had to have warranty service with the 7 ultimately being recalled 2x. Each time customer service was terrible and it took weeks to get a replacement phobe/repair on my phone...

Also, the performance if the Pixel compared to the Note 7 in day to day tasks that I do most feels so much faster and pleasant in the Google Pixel I tried in the store.

I won't be returning to Samsung soon. Give it a couple years and I'm not saying never but probably won't be back for the Note 8 personally.

The downside of a Note 8 release is it's just not going to sell very well as people just won't take the risk a second time unless Samsung does actually discover precisely what went wrong with the Note 7 and I mean they have to find out and be able to reproduce it without fail and also be able to prove it's a fixable thing at all. I'm pretty doubtful of that myself but maybe they'll be able to figure it out at some point.

And the numbers say Note 8 probably won't hurt too badly in the sales numbers.

No lasting damage: Samsung users stay loyal after Note 7 recall [Infographic]

Too bad that the numbers also don't show that they'll be gaining new customers.

Can you imagine all the promotions Samsung will have to make to get people back on board?

Just look at what they did for Samsung Pay... and that's for software.

Throw in a damaged brand name and the next Samsung phone might be close to free..

The Note phone line is pretty new to me, although I've had a note tablet for a while now and love it. The Note 5 was my first Note phone and I loved it and would be still using it today if it hadn't got wet :(. I absolutely loved having the S-pen and used it all the time so I'm really missing it now that I'm back on my S4. I've still got a unlimited Verizon plan so I had to buy the Note 5 for full price which hurts but I loved it enough that I'll happily do the same for the Note 8 when it comes out and if it's water resistant and has expandable memory I'll be extra happy.

Well, maybe they have a chance to win me over from the tried and true Note 4 again, since I'm not getting another phone without the Wacom pen functionality and nobody else feels like adding it.

I'm still not happy about how they dropped the removable battery, IR blaster and many other features, though, and having a removable battery would've made the Note 7 fiasco go a whole lot smoother (recall the battery, not the entire phone).

Why even bother upgrading your Note 4. It still runs Android, so it does the same crap as all the toy phones from past years but in a slightly faster speed. Still the same crappy app library filled with gimmicky shovelwares. Meh. Wake me up when a Surface Phone comes out.

I'm a huge fan of the Note series. I own a Note 5, and I find it to be one of the few phones out there that is not simply trying to be an iphone rippoff (looking at you, google). It looks like a unique and individual phone.

8, the number of new beginnings.
But I'm 99% sure TMo just bricked my Note 7 an hour ago. lol seriously.

Why even bother upgrading your Note 4. It still runs Android, so it does the same crap as all the toy phones from past years but in a slightly faster speed. Still the same crappy app library filled with gimmicky shovelwares. Meh. Wake me up when a Surface Phone comes out.

Because compared to anything more recent those ancient SoCs don't run well... Oh yea and security updates and feature updates like better caller ID and blocking

I'm still on a Note 4. After the update to 6.0.1, it's got new life. I'm probably going to stay on it for a while, but we'll see after the Note 8 comes out.

I'll be willing to go back to the Note 8. Skipped 7, since exploding phones is sort of a deal breaker for me. But I love the Note line and have never found a phone I prefer. I do prefer stock Android so the Pixel XL is tempting but not $800 tempting...

Back