Note 8 is $200 off through Verizon

Discussion in 'Smart Phones and Devices' started by daphatgrant, Feb 13, 2018 at 12:42 PM.

1. daphatgrant

daphatgrant I'm w/Stoopid ^

I've currently got a Note 5 that I love but now that Verizon is offering the Note 8 for $760 I'm seriously considering an upgrade. The water and dust resistance features plus expandable memory are huge for me. The fact that most rugged cases don't come with a built in screen protector (because of the curved front glass) is somewhat of a bummer though.

Anyone move from the Note 5 to the Note 8? Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. T4rd

T4rd [H]ardForum Junkie

Definitely jump on that post pics of the Note 9 here since it hasn't been released or even leaked online yet. :p

Can't say personally how much better it would be, but it's a considerable upgrade being 2 years newer. My wife went from a Note 5 to a Moto Z Play and it was considerably faster though with half the hardware and also literally doubled the battery life. The only thing she misses from the Note is the camera, but the Z's is still adequate. I think that says a lot about Samsung bloat (at least for that time/phone) and reassured me to stick with stockish Android phones for a while still.

Edit: You ninja'd all the 9s to 8s now.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM
    daphatgrant likes this.
  3. Skott

Skott 2[H]4U

I been considering upgrading my Note 3 to a Note 8 but I don't really want to go from Sprint to Verizon. TBH I'm not sure I want to stay with Sprint either. I just cant decide what's best for me and wife. Stupid phones are way too pricey these days.

4. rolling_tiger

rolling_tiger Limp Gawd

My wife just got on this deal today. She's having trouble getting used to the screen size jump from her s6. She might downsize to a Pixel 2.

The Note 8 is a great phone though.

5. daphatgrant

It might just be me but I feel like since nougat it's been quite a bit faster.
    ;)

I'm not saying that they aren't expensive but they are capable of a lot more than we give them credit for.

Yeah it's a big ass phone, lol. I'll be putting it in a rugged case on top of that as well so it's going to be huge.

6. daphatgrant

I think I'm going to just do it, I'll grab an Otterbox Defender and a Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector for it as well. Work and myself are hard on phones so why not, especially with it being a little cheaper than normal.

7. rolling_tiger

rolling_tiger Limp Gawd

I'd suggest getting a battery case if you use your phone heavily throughout the day