Notch Launches Cliffhorse

HardOCP News

[H] News
Markus "Notch" Persson is taking a good natured jab at early access games with the launch of his new game Cliffhorse. It's a 10MB download, it's free and not very good at all. :D

Horses on cliffs with a ball to kick around?!? My kid will play this until I remove the keyboard from her hands.

It's only June and I haven't played it yet, but I'm ready to call it...

GOTY!

It can climb mountains vertically, just like a real horse! Game of the year candidate, along with Un Petite Fart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMQg76aWKls

O2ENPLV.jpg

That screenshot reminds of the exploration areas with Mass Effect 1 :)

Isnt minecraft still in early access?

:D

I was trying to figure out his reason/point for doing this.

If its to show that most Early Access games are unfinished & a waste of money then what would he prefer? Most AAA titles are pre-released unfinished piles of garbage and to be honest an indie dev that might finished an interesting project & allow user input is ALWAYS better than a AAA game studio doing the same old movie tie-in generic-fest or CoD/BF/GTA clone with the prettiest intros & cut-scenes.

Oh.. I get it.. hes just pissed that someone used the idea he stole from Google & others of never releasing a finished product so your customers have no legal expectation of quality.

If its to show that most Early Access games are unfinished & a waste of money then what would he prefer? Most AAA titles are pre-released unfinished piles of garbage and to be honest an indie dev that might finished an interesting project & allow user input is ALWAYS better than a AAA game studio doing the same old movie tie-in generic-fest or CoD/BF/GTA clone with the prettiest intros & cut-scenes.

Oh.. I get it.. hes just pissed that someone used the idea he stole from Google & others of never releasing a finished product so your customers have no legal expectation of quality.

Or maybe it's just a joke based on the existence of Goat Simulator and other ridiculous ideas that only exist because they are ridiculous. Not because there is any hope of a good game.

Or maybe it's just a joke based on the existence of Goat Simulator and other ridiculous ideas that only exist because they are ridiculous. Not because there is any hope of a good game.

I hope so but I guess I'm far too cynical in my old age. He might still care about Minecraft but it seems to me like all they care about is getting people to re-buy it on new platforms and trying to stay one step ahead of the thousands of Minecraft clones out there.

They should get this guy to work on the graphics for minecraft.

Ahahaha. Thanks, hardest I've laughed all day. Notch is indeed the creator of Minecraft, in case by some bizarre lack of awareness you didn't know this.

Also, how are you still at noobie member level after 9.9 years?? That is kindof impressive.

Ahahaha. Thanks, hardest I've laughed all day. Notch is indeed the creator of Minecraft, in case by some bizarre lack of awareness you didn't know this.

Also, how are you still at noobie member level after 9.9 years?? That is kindof impressive.

It's easy you just don't post very often :p

Can those horses climb near vertical mountains (albeit incredibly slowly) like they can in the randomly generated battle maps of Mount & Blade?

This is better than the Goat Sim, and you actually had to pay for the Goat Sim. Thanks Notch!

AAA titles actually leave beta these days?

When did this start happening again and why didn't I get the memo?

Minecraft was in beta and you could pay $20 to buy early access to it. Notch made millions.
what exactly is his point?

"Wine is a free implementation of Windows on Unix"

yup, windows =)

Minecraft was in beta and you could pay $20 to buy early access to it. Notch made millions.
what exactly is his point?

And again, anti-goat simulator is not equal to anti-early access. Hell he may just be poking light harmless fun. Why are people trying to read into this so much?

I'm no Notch or Minecraft fan, but this seems rather obvious to me.

Back