Notable Xbox one exclusives?

chenw

2[H]4U
Hey all,

Surface pro 4 here is getting a promotion that their highest end model is also giving a Xbox one console for free.

I was just curious, apart from FPS and Third person shooters like Halo, what are the notable exclusives for Xbox one?

So far the only one I have found that might be interesting is Raiden V...

If you're looking for the best exclusives, then you're probably better off selling it towards a PS4/PS4 Pro. The only exclusive series I like on Xbox are the Gears of War games. Otherwise I stick to my PS4 for the Naughty Dog games, God of Wars, and I'm gonna pick up Horizon Zero Dawn and Until Dawn soon. The ports that are on both Xbone and PS4 are generally a tad better on PS4 as well in terms of supporting full 1080p and/or slightly better IQ/performance (a lot of the Xbone ports run at 900p), at least that's what I've observed for the games I've played or been interested in. The Xbone generally just gets played by my son so he can play Forza and a couple other games with his friends.

Gears of War 4 is good. With backward compatibility you can play the 360 versions if you were interested in experiencing the entire series. For single player I thought Halo MCC was excellent. The Forza horizon series is great and you can experience all of them on Xbox One. If you're more of a simulation racer Forza motorsport is one the highest rated racers out there. For me backward compatibility has been used way more then I thought I would use it. Games like Red Dead Redemption do perform better and typically give a better overall experience on the XB1 over the 360.

Doubt you'll notice the difference between 900p and 1080p. If you're in a setup where you sitting a few feet away from the TV unlikely you'll see a difference.

Halo MCC
Forza 6
Forza Horizon 2
Gears of War backward compat games

Everything else is on PC. I would get it for free and sell it for a PS4 Pro.

I prefer the PS4 but there are some games like...

Rare Replay - big collection of classic Rare games
Ryse Son of Rome - fun hack'n'slash
Sunset Overdrive - Yes another shooter but a fun over-the-top one
Killer Instinct - a good F2P fighting game

Sunset Overdrive is also a fun little third person shooter exclusive. Can be gotten cheaply nowadays as well

Sunset Overdrive is also a fun little third person shooter exclusive. Can be gotten cheaply nowadays as well

It was free on Games With Gold a few months ago. Ryse was free last month. GWG has been really good lately. It sucks paying for online MP, but you get hundreds of dollar of free games a year for the trouble.

Halo MCC
Forza 6
Forza Horizon 2
Gears of War backward compat games

Everything else is on PC. I would get it for free and sell it for a PS4 Pro.
Agree with this. Aside from these there is nothing really notable that isn't also on PC.
I prefer the PS4 but there are some games like...

Rare Replay - big collection of classic Rare games
Ryse Son of Rome - fun hack'n'slash
Sunset Overdrive - Yes another shooter but a fun over-the-top one
Killer Instinct - a good F2P fighting game
Both Ryse and Killer Instinct are also on PC.

Essentially all of the major Xbox One exclusives are also on PC these days. The catch is that most of them also require a powerhouse of a PC to play well. Even KI takes a decent amount of horsepower to play the game as well as the console does. I have a feeling some of that is intentional.

You'd think with the Xbox One X they would have come forward with more. They better have heavily incentivized developers to make X-versions of multi-platform games or this thing is gonna tank.

You'd think with the Xbox One X they would have come forward with more. They better have heavily incentivized developers to make X-versions of multi-platform games or this thing is gonna tank.
I think their licensing policy going forward is that every game must be enhanced for the X if it's coming to the Xbox family, so there is no reason to incentivize. In other words, if you want your game to be on Xbox you don't have a say in whether or not it's enhanced. So far on PlayStation Pro enhancement has been optional, and it has shown. Maybe the PS4 Pro will get some trickle down benefit from this policy when it comes to multi-platform games.

Agree with this. Aside from these there is nothing really notable that isn't also on PC.

Both Ryse and Killer Instinct are also on PC.

How many matches are you realistically going to find on pc though... and when you do... how many will be legit lol

Killer Instinct on the PC supports cross-play with the console version. It isn't the most popular game around, but there's a pretty dedicated community for it. The catch is that the people playing it tend to be either brand new or really good. I don't think I've run into a bot or anyone cheating, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

As the other posters mentioned, there's not a huge amount of exclusives for the system (it's not like the PS4 in that regard), so it might be more worthwhile for you to trade/gift/sell the unit.

It's a pretty decent 4K UHD Blu-Ray player, however, and does rock an excellent gamepad (which has great Windows support).

Back