Not too expensive but reliable motherboard for i7-5820k ?

justbenice

Limp Gawd
Hi,
I am gonna build a new rig which is base in i7-5820k cpu. I wonder what motherboard that not too expensive but reliable to work 24/7 ? I am not gonna OC much, just from 3.3ghz to 4ghz .

Thank you !

most over engineered boards probably come from asus, i am super hesitant to pull the trigger on an asus board because i've been burned fairly recently. i'm like you, i've got a 5820 that i'm looking to pair with a board, but right now i'm leaning toward gigabyte. i've read plenty of stories about how iffy their cmos interface is, but i've had personal experience with their mobo rma, and the down time is pretty short.

Why do you want a cheap mobo for a nearly $400 CPU? Get anything from ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, even ASRock that has the features you need. Do you need a certain number of PCI lanes, Sata posts, etc? It's really easy to find what you need using Newegg search and compare.

Thank you so much. It look very good. Do you think i should wait till BlackFriday or buy it now ?

I would buy it now, BlackFriday is overrated and that is a pretty good deal on a good board IMHO

Is it possible there will be a better deal yes, but that is always the case so flip a coin

Hi,

If you have yet to purchase a board I am trying to sell my MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK board. It is barely used. I bought the board and didn't use it till past my return period for just a few days. I have a FS/FT thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1877526

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks.

Back