Not the best with this, best way of configing G4 Ti4400?

Punkrulz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I've searched the forums but haven't found anything that would really help me out. I know that the G4 Ti4400 is a pretty good video card, and I want to tweak mine so I have a good balance of quality and performance. The main games I play are FPS's, Vice City, and some other things [that I can't remember b/c I'm really tired right now], but sometimes the FPS on some games [some maps like Caen on DoD] are just horrible, and I want to try to get the best out of it.

I have tried something like turning off VSync, but that only helps so much. Any other ideas?

Are you looking for more performance or better image quality? For performance turn down Antistropic filtering & Anti-aliasing (sp?) The reverse is true if you want better image quality. I find that my Ti4400 does pretty well with most DX8 games with 2x AA & 4 or 8 a.s. filtering.

HTH

I just use 2xAA as most games are playable with that at 1024x768x32. Some where the frames drop alittle (ut2k3) i run 800x600x32 and also with 2xAA. I don't use AF.

Ya, turn down anistropic filtering and antialiasing to 2x or off; they kill the fps count on a GF4 bigtime. If you're running a decently high resolution then these settings aren't needed as much.

I'm running at 1024x768x32 bit with no AA or AF, but you might try turning on 2XAA as suggested and see what happens. Are you talking about all the settings in the Nvidia control panel thing or just within each individual game?

Generally just all of the settings, I don't want to have to constantly tweak the settings on a per game basis, that'd be outrageous. :)

Back