Not sure where to put this, but: Winamp Plugins!

xeefus

Limp Gawd
I am currently using winamp, and so on, pretty smooth and uhm doesn't take much cpu usage as I see it.
So, uhm, what plugins for output do you guys recommend? I've heard there are some that decreases CPU usage, like Kernel Streaming... But the plugin I tried just made it not switch song and didn't repeat either...

And, are there any other plugins that you think are must-haves? :) And another question, those kX project drivers for my Audigy 2ZS which I use in my gaming rig, would they increase sound quality anything? Never use EAX so I guess they remove it, andthat doesn't matter.

Shibatch mpg123 input plugin
Directsound w/SSRC output plugin
Highly Experimental PSF plugin
SNESAmp SPC plugin

Those are the four I can't live without, though the first two don't do much good unless you're on a machine with a good sound card and better speakers.

Terpfen said:
Shibatch mpg123 input plugin
Directsound w/SSRC output plugin
Highly Experimental PSF plugin
SNESAmp SPC plugin

Those are the four I can't live without, though the first two don't do much good unless you're on a machine with a good sound card and better speakers.

SNESAmp for SNES music? Cool :)
Don't have a clue what the others are for; but my headphones are HD555 for my gaming rig currently. Would also be nice if you could explain what they are and where you get them :)!

xeefus said:
SNESAmp for SNES music? Cool :)
Don't have a clue what the others are for; but my headphones are HD555 for my gaming rig currently. Would also be nice if you could explain what they are and where you get them :)!

PSF is the Playstation equivalent to SPC; direct rips of PSOne game music, limited to games that had their music stored in a certain method.

Shibatch mpg123 and Directsound w/SSRC are higher-quality input/output plugins. Google them, install, and configure away. For mpg123 to work, however, you have to delete in_mp3.dll in the Winamp plugins folder.

Terpfen said:
PSF is the Playstation equivalent to SPC; direct rips of PSOne game music, limited to games that had their music stored in a certain method.

Shibatch mpg123 and Directsound w/SSRC are higher-quality input/output plugins. Google them, install, and configure away. For mpg123 to work, however, you have to delete in_mp3.dll in the Winamp plugins folder.

Is this for WA2 or WA5? I'm using Winamp 5, with DirectSound currently tho ;\

Winamp 2 plugins work in 5, and I use 5, so you should be okay.

(obsolete) mpg123 based MP3 decoder plugin for winamp 2

MP3 decoder of old winamp had some bugs and its output was not perfectly compliant to MP3 standard. This plugin was once used to decode MP3 files correctly with old buggy winamp. This bug is fixed long time ago, and there is no reason to use this plugin any more.

// Shibatch website

Is it really necessary now? :eek:

Terpfen said:
Yes. Just look at the plugin's configuration dialog and you'll see why.

Cool... Not that I've got a clue what the settings do, so, which ones would you say I should try? :p

Back