Not sure if hot. EVGA 980 Ti Hybrid for 709.

Cheapest I've seen it and a good $40 cheaper than I picked mine up for. I'd call it a pretty damn good deal.

good price for anyone looking for a hybrid cooler 980 Ti

They already announced a new revision with a silver shroud:

500x1000px-LL-03a0ff27_1442565183355.jpeg

Early adopters will get one if they email EVGA according to the rep.

Is this better then the EVGA Classified or the Gigabyte G1? Not sure about water cooling, afraid of it leaking and ruining stuff.

Is this better then the EVGA Classified or the Gigabyte G1? Not sure about water cooling, afraid of it leaking and ruining stuff.

No IMO. Look at all the complaints on Newegg about the Hybrid being loud. Stay Classy!

I'm using 2 Hybrid on my Titan X and I feel its better, however, the hybrid coolers only work on reference boards so you do take a little bit more of a gamble on power delivery/PCB improvements, any additional binning (not as likely since EVGA charges premium for this on Kingpin versions). They also don't provide any additional VRM cooling beyond the original shroud plate and fan, but I don't think the custom coolers do that much in this respect either.

The cooling difference for the GPU itself is outstanding though and really gives you the headroom to OC as far as the 10% increase in power limit allows you to, and if you're willing to modify the BIOS (which EVGA allows also), you can really push it to the limit. You can expect about 40C difference (83C to 40-43C) drop in normal operating temps, if you overclock, overvolt and increase power target to let you go to 1450-1500+ temps will shoot up another 10-12C into the 50s C range.

How much difference this translates into real world performance, around 200MHz sustained boost in SLI. Otherwise the GPUs would get too hot and start throttling down to 1202-1280MHz under heavy SLI load and that was with an adjusted fan profile to ramp to 50% fan speed. Now they stay at 1467MHz and occasionally drop down to 1450MHz, so a pretty big difference for me.

As for leaks, I've heard of horror stories but I've run a number of CLC coolers for years on my CPUs since Corsair, Antec, etc. made them a big deal and no problems so far. Just install them with some care, don't put undue torque or force on the tubes and try to support the weight of the rad as much as possible while you're installing and you're all set. Also, no pump noise to note, although my Kuhler Antec 620 definitely has a buzz to it.

They already announced a new revision with a silver shroud:

500x1000px-LL-03a0ff27_1442565183355.jpeg

Early adopters will get one if they email EVGA according to the rep.

Good to know! Thanks! I modified the reference shrouds to work but this definitely looks better than the original plastic shroud.

I'm using 2 Hybrid on my Titan X and I feel its better, however, the hybrid coolers only work on reference boards so you do take a little bit more of a gamble on power delivery/PCB improvements, any additional binning (not as likely since EVGA charges premium for this on Kingpin versions). They also don't provide any additional VRM cooling beyond the original shroud plate and fan, but I don't think the custom coolers do that much in this respect either.

The cooling difference for the GPU itself is outstanding though and really gives you the headroom to OC as far as the 10% increase in power limit allows you to, and if you're willing to modify the BIOS (which EVGA allows also), you can really push it to the limit. You can expect about 40C difference (83C to 40-43C) drop in normal operating temps, if you overclock, overvolt and increase power target to let you go to 1450-1500+ temps will shoot up another 10-12C into the 50s C range.

How much difference this translates into real world performance, around 200MHz sustained boost in SLI. Otherwise the GPUs would get too hot and start throttling down to 1202-1280MHz under heavy SLI load and that was with an adjusted fan profile to ramp to 50% fan speed. Now they stay at 1467MHz and occasionally drop down to 1450MHz, so a pretty big difference for me.

As for leaks, I've heard of horror stories but I've run a number of CLC coolers for years on my CPUs since Corsair, Antec, etc. made them a big deal and no problems so far. Just install them with some care, don't put undue torque or force on the tubes and try to support the weight of the rad as much as possible while you're installing and you're all set. Also, no pump noise to note, although my Kuhler Antec 620 definitely has a buzz to it.

Good to know! Thanks! I modified the reference shrouds to work but this definitely looks better than the original plastic shroud.

If you say so...I can run my G1 at 1500 24/7 and hit TDP of 120-127% and not see it throttle at all and stay at 55-65C on air........or are you referring to reference cooler? Def not the case on G1

If you say so...I can run my G1 at 1500 24/7 and hit TDP of 120-127% and not see it throttle at all and stay at 55-65C on air........or are you referring to reference cooler? Def not the case on G1

Certainly possible, you may have an exceptional clocking G1 since that's on the higher end of the spectrum you will see even on custom cooling while water and hybrid cooling can hit that 1550-1600MHz range especially with custom bios. With just my best single card I can also hit 1530MHz without pushing it more (it will boost to that with just my +130MHz offset in single-card), but I'm limited by SLI and the 2nd lower ASIC card.

The G1 does have a slight advantage out of the box though as I do believe it is one of the few cards that will do +20% power target and 1.280V without any mods, but some Titan X and 980 Ti reference users are using the same BIOS to get this same benefit I believe.

As for the temps, 65C still seems low since most reviews are getting ~70C at similar or even lower overclocks. For $20 or even $60 more I'd certainly just go with the Hybrid cooler but I guess that really depends on what you prefer aesthetically.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,9.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_980_Ti_G1_Gaming/33.html

Certainly possible, you may have an exceptional clocking G1 since that's on the higher end of the spectrum you will see even on custom cooling while water and hybrid cooling can hit that 1550-1600MHz range especially with custom bios. With just my best single card I can also hit 1530MHz without pushing it more (it will boost to that with just my +130MHz offset in single-card), but I'm limited by SLI and the 2nd lower ASIC card.

The G1 does have a slight advantage out of the box though as I do believe it is one of the few cards that will do +20% power target and 1.280V without any mods, but some Titan X and 980 Ti reference users are using the same BIOS to get this same benefit I believe.

As for the temps, 65C still seems low since most reviews are getting ~70C at similar or even lower overclocks. For $20 or even $60 more I'd certainly just go with the Hybrid cooler but I guess that really depends on what you prefer aesthetically.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_980_ti_g1_gaming_soc_review,9.html

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Gigabyte/GTX_980_Ti_G1_Gaming/33.html

I run the max voltage that the software allows which is like 1.254 IIRC. I just run the fan at full because i never notice it or not enough to car. I think they are running auto fan thats why the temps are inflated. I use headsets while gaming so fan noise is un noticed.

Back