[Not sure if correct spot] OSX / Exchange difficulties...

Wizzard

Limp Gawd
Good morning, fine denizens of [H]ardForum.

To start off, I'm a PC guy. I help run a small company, it's just the owner and myself.

We have one larger customer with 10+ computers, joined to a 2008 server with Exchange. One headache user is stuck on a MacBook - We can't join it to the domain, but we did get it connected to the shares, and we *thought* we got Email working... He's on an up-to-date OSX, using the default Mail client.

But no. 2 times now (previously, the problem was fixed with a password reset), the user cannot connect to the Exchange server, it repeatedly prompts for password and username, and declines all input. I can't take remote control of his Mac (the TeamViewer app is *garbage* on their connection) and driving out there is becoming a massive cluster headache.

Can anybody offer recommendations, besides taking him out back and shooting him? I'm not a Mac guy, and we're not a company which offers support for Mac. But big customer, so we've got to make them happy.

My only thought is to get a copy of Outlook for Mac, because, well, I *know* Outlook. But I'm soliciting all options. Thanks in advance.

Use Outlook 2011, it'll put the users credentials in keychain and you won't have to worry about it. You'd be better off having him use OWA then using the default mail client if you don't want to pay for Office. I can't imagine using a mac in a business setting without Office though.

Tried using "domain\username" and password?

@ND40oz - That's' my plan. I was looking for the free trial, but it looks like we're just going to have to purchase it. Not a problem. OWA works for now, as it always has... This user just doesn't like it.

@Ruoh - Yes, that fixed it previously after a reset, but now it has no effect.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

@Soldier101 - We don't do Mac... Maybe I should look into this.

@Ruoh - I'll forward that to my boss - That's a nice log to know about, if he doesn't already!

Back