not sure if anyone cares but Call of duty mw2 map pack coming end of the month

How is the game crippled? You'll still be able to play.

It will be crippled because the majority of the community will be playing on the new maps and unless you buy them too your choices of servers dwindles to nothing.

When people put a lot of work and money into something in the past we called it an expansion pack and it was more than a few new maps. There is absolutely nothing you can say that will make me change my mind about paying for maps. I think paying for maps is complete bullshit and hurts the multiplayer community of a game.

+1 exactly!!! now they expect you to pay for everything, whether it's one map, one car, one weapon, back then we paid for expansion packs which were more than a few maps. Pretty much a total new game. We even got games for free..ie: RTCW: enemy territory. The industry is nickle and diming too much now a days, mainly cuz people keep buying :/

Maybe the DLC will be free for PC and that's why they charged the extra $10...probably not.

As for fragmenting the community I understand the argument there. In fact just the other night I was in my study contemplating this situation. With my smoking jacked donned and pipe in hand I realized that they figure gamers will feel left and and be more inclined to buy the map packs.

It's so obvious why modding or even map editors weren't allowed now, if it wasn't already. Mods would have been pretty quick to get popular COD4 maps like Overgrown into CODMW2 for free.

Boom you get kicked out and have you have to go through the whole matchmaking process again...and once again play till your inevitably booted out.

You choose what Map Pack you want to use before entering matchmaking. So, no, you dont get kicked out.

People please stop complaining, why not buy the map pack? its only 15 bucks, thats less than $2 a map and it includes a new game type (global thermonuclear war).
i wish they would come out with more than one of them. id buy it everytime

People please stop complaining, why not buy the map pack? its only 15 bucks, thats less than $2 a map and it includes a new game type (global thermonuclear war).

Only $15 after overpaying by $10 for the game with less features than just about every other FPS.

We need a sheep smily but for now i guess :rolleyes: will have to do.

Only $15 after overpaying by $10 for the game with less features than just about every other FPS.

We need a sheep smily but for now i guess :rolleyes: will have to do.

Being worth $15 to someone doesn't make them a sheep. If they have fun with the game and will get $15 of entertainment value out of it, it's worth it to them. Buying it if you don't lije the game, that's more sheepish.

Is it really $15? That is gay because I'm almost positive that global thermonuclear war shipped with the game (locked) and the old packs were $10 for 4 maps. One more map for $5? And two old maps? I'd like to play them but I won't pay more than $10.

well its 5$ for 400pts and it cost 1200pts but i think maybe it will sell for 10, either way its pretty cheap IMO, if you dont like the game then why even care, if you do than its not that expensive.. i have wasted 10 or 15 on allot worse shit.

BFBC 2 has free map packs that are unlocking on March 30th

FREE!!

Vote with your wallet guys

if you support the idea of PAID map packs, then by all means waste your money on a game the devs didn't care about the online community for.

Otherwise, spend your money on BFBC 2 where the devs are listening to the community, offered dedicated servers, AND have FREE map packs

well its 5$ for 400pts and it cost 1200pts but i think maybe it will sell for 10, either way its pretty cheap IMO, if you dont like the game then why even care, if you do than its not that expensive.. i have wasted 10 or 15 on allot worse shit.

Thats a terrible argument. We care because it sets a precedence for future titles. People on consoles can get ripped off if they wish, they're used to it. Anyone that pays for maps on the PC is a fucking idiot. Even more so then being idiots for paying $60 for a gimped game.

BFBC 2 has free map packs that are unlocking on March 30th

FREE!!

Vote with your wallet guys

if you support the idea of PAID map packs, then by all means waste your money on a game the devs didn't care about the online community for.

Otherwise, spend your money on BFBC 2 where the devs are listening to the community, offered dedicated servers, AND have FREE map packs

Gotta say, Fail is full of win.

Been holding out on BC2 untill they get the kinks out, but with that news, I simply can't wait any longer to give them my hard earned money.

Vote cast.

If you enjoy MW2 more power to you, personally I think it's a shit sammich.

Thats a terrible argument. We care because it sets a precedence for future titles. People on consoles can get ripped off if they wish, they're used to it. Anyone that pays for maps on the PC is a fucking idiot. Even more so then being idiots for paying $60 for a gimped game.

I'm an idiot for putting out some cash to increase my gaming experience. Glad you pointed that out, I've been wondering for a while.

You obviously don't like MW2. That's fine. Doesn't mean that there aren't others enjoying the game. It could have been better, absolutely. However I still find my self enjoying it.

I usally have no problem with DLC, but this one is distasteful, for the simple fact, that they intentionally made it dificult the community to make thier own maps for the game. I'm so glad I did not purchase or play this game.

If no one sees any other words in this post, see the bolded ones. That bolded item covers a lot of subjects from DRM, overpriced DLC...you name it.

You, sir, win a cookie.

Is the map pack going to be free or will it cost money? I sure as heck wouldn't pay for a map pack but have nothing against people who would pay for it. It's also disappointing that they removed map making just to make more money.

Last edited:

None of them are idiots for buying something that they like. I wonder if you will be complaining about Starcraft 2 where there is no LAN play anymore and it comes in three seperate parts.

I miss sitting atop Pavlov's house in CoD-vanilla with the mosin-nagant. Nothing will bring it back, I know. :(

Damn you guys arnt going to like this is going to be 15 bucks for xbox ppl. as long as pc is free im good.

Activision haven't released price info for the pc or ps3, but it seems unlikely that they wouldn't charge for it.

it'll probably cost $15 for all versions, only suckers are gonna buy it.

Some people just dont care enough to go without. Its sad too because when we look back its those poeple that refuse to vote with their wallets and do without something that are responsible for the decline of the quality in PC gaming that will be to blame.

When all games cost $60 and no more content is free we can all look back at MW2 and say if only...

OK now im thinking you guys are right about pc users going to have to pay for it. If u right click on the mw2 game in the steam browser there is now an option to view downloadable content. Which wouldn't make sense if we just got the free maps via patch or update.

Back