Not happy with my 2 month old SAMSUNG S32D850T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motley

2[H]4U
Come on Samsung. A $700 display with power issues. Not happy with my purchase.

When I first got it, there was a time when the display port wasn't being detected no video. This is when the PC would be powered on. I hit the power button, but still nothing. Un-plugged the power cord from the back, and re-inserted, powered up. Now its working.

Hmm, I thought it was a one time deal? Then over the past few weeks this starts happening more and more. The only way to get it to work is by removing the power cable. WTF?

I just got it like 2 months ago. Of course newegg tells me RMA is past by 40 days, and that I have to call Samsung. Samsung approved the RMA, and now I'm shipping it back to get repaired.

Fricking spent $700 for this piece of crap! Last time I'm ever buying anything from Samsung. I had one of their Android phones, and it lasted 5 months before it failed. No warranty, it was expired through T-mobile. Changed to Verizon and got a Motorola phone.

Never again with samsung, never again....

Cool story bro, got a defective monitor, send it back and get another.

Well i hope you learned your lesson OP. Next time buy a JesusDisplay. They never fail, leven bread and can walk on water!

I feel your pain as I've had nothing but issues with everything Samsung I've ever purchased.

Other people always tell me how they make great products, but I've never had my hands on anything I would call good, let alone great.

I feel your pain as I've had nothing but issues with everything Samsung I've ever purchased.

Other people always tell me how they make great products, but I've never had my hands on anything I would call good, let alone great.

Ahhh, see someone who feels like I do, thanks for not being tasteless, and understanding my situation.

When I first got it, there was a time when the display port wasn't being detected no video. This is when the PC would be powered on. I hit the power button, but still nothing. Un-plugged the power cord from the back, and re-inserted, powered up. Now its working.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's just a DP issue as opposed to an issue with the monitor itself.

I am kind of wondering what the point of your post is, though. Are you looking for suggestions, or sympathy?

Sorry I can't feel your pain. It was a defective monitor, every brand has one. My Samsung TV has been going strong for 7 years now. That doesn't mean all Samsung screens will last 7 years trouble free just like your one defective screen doesn't mean Samsung blows.

And by the way, good luck buying a monitor without a Samsung screen in it. I don't know the exact market share but most all brands of monitors run Samsung screens in at least some of their models. Samsung, LG and AU Optronics are about the only OEM LCD manufacturers I know of.

I guess this was sort of a review. To warn others not to buy this model. From doing some quick research, I'm not the only having same exact issues as mine.

And I'm really P.O.'d right now because I will be without my gaming PC now for several weeks until I get it repaired.

Hurrdurr i bought a single monitor that was bad they're all bad never buy samsung etc etc

yawn.

Sorry to be hard on you but we're all very aware here on hard forum how crappy monitors of all brands can be. There are probably guys on here, who, if they had the same attitude as you, would have no more monitor brands to choose from if they swore a brand off after getting a defective one!

I'm really getting sick of this forum. Nothing but a bunch people with too much money, that don't care about buying expensive computer parts and having them fail within the first 2 months. Anybody who spends $700 on a monitor, and doesn't care it it works or not is fucking retard.

I've been a member here for a very long time. Last time I post any negative experiences. Look, I did some reasearch here about this didn't see any complaints other than dead pixels. So I purchase it thinking I made a good purchase.

Then I come here to warn others of my experience, and all I get is a bunch of wahhoos that don't give a fuck.

I'm sick of this shit hole any more. I'll be over on overclockers.net, at least they don't act like this.

You got a LCD. What did you expect? I hope you have learned your lesson and will get a good CRT for your next display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back