Not happy with dell notbooks, recommendations?

XLeezardx

[H]ardChef
I am getting stressed out. I ordered dell Studio 1555, didnt like it and returned it. Right now I have in front of me a Studio xps 16 and a Latitude E6400... both decked out pretty well. Not happy with niether of them.

Dell XPS 16 (RGBLCD 1920x1080, 4670, 2.8ghz)overheats after an hour of gaming and everything gets all choppy. USB mouse disconnects and reconnects randomly.

Dell Latitude E6400 (1440x900, 2.66ghz, 160m) touchpad sucks because it takes 3 swipes to get the curser across the screen. The .3MP webcam sucks because my gf complains about my the quality video during cybersex. Speakers are tinny, they crackle and pop alot. Dell control point is fucking clunky.

Any recommendation on any other alternatives laptops?

Budget: $1K
Use: Photoshop, webdesign, light gaming
Needs: decently Light and portable, high res screen, 13.3-14.1 screen, built to last

Proof I have on hand experience with both.
IMG_0118.jpg

Last edited:
Wow... well just a couple of comments...

a 2.8 ghz C2D, not exactly the coolest processor so I'm pretty sure you had that one coming.

The lattitude is a business laptop and I doubt the webcam was ever meant for 'cyber sex'. Most mainstream laptops (not business) will have a better webcam than that.

Both of those laptops are very different (business vs. gaming)... so what do you want to buy with $1000?
- Gaming?
- High quality Webcam?
- Doesn't overheat?

sounds about right for my experience with a studio xps with it's awesome furnace imitation and freaky usb. +1 for the HP DM3T it's sexy!

You can fix the touchpad issue by upping the sensitivity, though then it could just get really awkward to use. The best 14.1's on the market are the hp 6930p and the lenovo T400 (as far as I can tell). Adidas post contains some good recs also.

Any recommendation on any other alternatives laptops?

Budget: $1K
Use: Photoshop, webdesign, light gaming
Needs: decently Light and portable, high res screen, 13.3-14.1 screen, built to last

If you really want a laptop that last, you should check their business line, since you already tried Dell Latitude, probably check HP Elitebooks and Lenovo T, those lines should be very well build, and should last more than the usual consumer laptops, they also come with better warranties in most cases. But this arent gaming laptops, they are more oriented to work, and wont be light either, more like tanks.

Last edited:
How about a refurbished Macbook Pro for around $900?
You should be able to get one after Christmas.

Back