Not Computer Related [PapaJohns]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAPA50 for 50% off a large pizza.

Either way, both coupons only save you a buck or two and are weak ass compared to the old 50% off the entire order coupons.

this will end well....

faf249o.jpg

Last edited:
Let's hope the political talk doesn't come up. Last thread that was just like this got closed down.

Good deal. May just order me a pizza.

I used the 50% off coupon last week. $6.50 for a large 10 topping pizza isn't too bad at all. Of course, it's not as good as $7.00 for an XL like I could get last summer with the 50% off entire order coupons (they've raised their prices since then). The annoying thing is that my car still smells strongly of pizza even though it's been 5 days or so. Apparently in the 10 minute drive back to my apartment the scent saturated my car. I was driving down the freeway with the windows rolled down in freezing temperatures in the hopes that my car would air out; I was unsuccessful.

Last year they had a deal if the Texas Rangers scored 7 or more runs the next day your order was 50% off. Wonder if they will do that again? Those that live in the DFW area and like Papa Johns keep a look out for the deal come baseball season.

The same guy bitching about providing health care for his employees at a cost of 11 cents? No thank you.

The same guy bitching about providing health care for his employees at a cost of 11 cents? No thank you.

I think this is unrelated...................................... Just maybe??? quit trying to stir up shit!

On another fking note.....

MMMM PIZZA! I am in!!!

No Papa John's close enough to me to make it worth my gas, but thanks OP! Closest one is 20 minutes each way away.

large specialty pizzas are on "special" for $11. papa50 takes 50% off the "original" price of $18, making it $9, or really only 18% off. imagine vote35 works the same way?

Register an email address with PapaJohns and you'll get 50% coupon deals almost every other day (or so it seems). ... I thought everyone knew about this? haha

Last time I used this I was able to stack multiple codes. Maybe I'll try tonight since the kids have girl scouts and we usually eat a quick dinner on those nights.

...Now I want some. Dang it closest Papa Johns is 30 min away! Italian Sausage pizza (Thin or Hand-tossed) f t w!

The 50% off code is expired. But the 35% code works and you just enter it in for each item you order.

Now if only I found it to taste like pizza. It doesn't taste bad, they actually do use some "better ingredients" but for whatever reason I don't get a pizza taste out of it. It's weird and I don't understand it.

making pizza at home is pointless, your oven doesn't get hot enough to make pizza like they do it in restaurants.

Unless you have an actual brick or clay pizza oven... then you can totally blow away restaurant oven temps :D

Unless you have an actual brick or clay pizza oven... then you can totally blow away restaurant oven temps :D

I can get over 1000 degrees easy on my green egg ceramic bbq. However I normally have it set at about 700 degrees.

It doesn't turn out half-bad in the kitchen oven at about 550-575 degrees and a pizza stone.

The 50% off code is expired. But the 35% code works and you just enter it in for each item you order.

I can vouch for the PAPA50 not working.

As for the Vote35, it wasn't as good as the $9.99 Large special (up to 5 toppings). With 35% the large ran like $11.35, but that special is the Mid-Week special, only good Mon-Wed. Wouldn't let me use it on the special, not that I'm too surprised heh

making pizza at home is pointless, your oven doesn't get hot enough to make pizza like they do it in restaurants.

We're not talking about Neapolitan-style 1200-degree pizza seared in seconds here. This is baked, greasy bread with fatty toppings. Nothing wrong with that, but it's eminently doable at home-oven temperatures.

If you're worried about the transition to DIY, grab some good pre-made dough. Trader Joes has a pound of the stuff for $1.19, and it's foolproof. Stretch it out thin, top it lightly with your own stuff in whatever combination you want, bake it up at 425 and save a crap ton of money and calories.

They also have a deal on a franchise if it is better for you to go that route.

The deal they are currently offering is

No franchise fee for the first year! ($25,000 value)

$50,000 in equipment, including two Middleby-Marshall ovens, which may be purchased by the franchisee for $50 after operating for three years

A royalty waiver for up to 18 months!

AND

A $3,000 food credit with PJ Food Service, which operates Papa John's fresh dough and food distribution quality control centers, for each restaurant that opens at least 30 days prior to the scheduled opening date. (going to have to work this out with your G.C. to get the project done 30 days faster)

No code needed for this deal but you must open on or before Dec. 29, 2013

We're not talking about Neapolitan-style 1200-degree pizza seared in seconds here. This is baked, greasy bread with fatty toppings. Nothing wrong with that, but it's eminently doable at home-oven temperatures.

If you're worried about the transition to DIY, grab some good pre-made dough. Trader Joes has a pound of the stuff for $1.19, and it's foolproof. Stretch it out thin, top it lightly with your own stuff in whatever combination you want, bake it up at 425 and save a crap ton of money and calories.

Also, get yourself a pizza stone. MAN does it make a difference.

Also, get yourself a pizza stone. MAN does it make a difference.

AGREED!!!

Also worth mentioning, make sure to bake the stone for about an hour to bring it up to temperature. Many people have poor results with pizza stones because they fail to preheat them properly.

AGREED!!!

Also worth mentioning, make sure to bake the stone for about an hour to bring it up to temperature. Many people have poor results with pizza stones because they fail to preheat them properly.

Pizza stones are amazing. So are brick ovens. Makes me miss the days when the Abby's in town had brick ovens. Their pizzas were so good back then, now they're like Pizzahut.

On topic, might order me a pizza :). Thanks OP!

i've made pizza "diy" working at a pizza place and i currently work at a fine dining italian place. our pizza ovens aren't 1200 degrees, but they are around 650-700.

making pizza at home, even with your oven set to the highest temp and on a pizza stone still takes way too long to bake a pizza, which makes the dough tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back