Not bad OCZ Agility 2 120GB + MIR = $136

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
$220 - $44 (BTEKHHJ26 Promo) - $40 MIR = $136 Not bad
Promo code expires at 11:59PM PST on 2/23/2011
20% OFF Any SSD (48 HOURS ONLY!)
Maximum discount of $100 per order

Only downside I see are the recent reviews. Perhaps just a firmware update? Almost tempted...

Model
OCZSSD2-2AGTE120G

Device Type
Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Used For
Consumer

Architecture
MLC

Expansion / Connectivity

Form Factor
2.5"

Capacity
120GB

Interface Type
SATA II

Features
SandForce 1222 Controller

Max Read: up to 285 MB/s

Max Write: up to 275 MB/s

4k Random Write (Aligned): 10,000 IOPS

Seek Time: 0.1 MS

Supports TRIM

Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology

ECC: 27 bytes of redundancy per 512 bytes data. Up to twelve 9-bit symbols correctable

Performance

Max Shock Resistance
1500G

Power Consumption (Active)
2W

Power Consumption (Idle)
0.5W

Random Access - Write
up to 250MB/s

MTBF
2,000,000 hours

Manufacturer Warranty

Parts
3 years limited

Labor
3 years limited

Link

Last edited:
I'm interested in this same ssd for my Laptop. I wonder if anyone has any first hand experiences with it on here. I have a 120gb Vertex 2 in my desktop, only have had it for a month though.

Was reading one review:

rogerdata
2/16/2011 11:23:12 PM

Stay clear of this one! As you can see by other reviews here, the response is "Fill out a support ticket" and wait.
From the information I have gathered it seems that OCZ has changed chip specs and this is adversely affecting these drives. They are not forthcoming in letting people know this and continue to market the drive as if nothing changed! I have been building PCs for over 20 years and I hate it when companies publish specs that are untrue and are not held accountable.

This kind of killed it for me...

Still not bad for the price. Though I feel good I got my intel for $165 on black friday, good to see drives coming down in price by quite a bit. The speed difference is probably only in benchmarks real world difference will be minimal at best what I would worry about is the over provisioning (less space) and lower cell life but after reading an article on anandtech apparently if you write 7gb a day your ssd will lose its charge before you use all the writes. So I guess it really isn't something to worry about.

I've had one of these in my pc for a few months now and I havent had any problems what so ever. Now the 240GB Vertex 2 drive i have, thats another story. I had 1 die on me in a day of use! then it was RMA, wait like a week or so and then get a replacement, that i have yet to install.

I'll post the same thing I did as in the other 20% off SSD promo code thread:

The promo code only went to some email addresses. Doesn't work if it's not on your account. FYI.

the code didn't work on my account:(

"Although you've entered a valid promo code BTEKHHJ26, your order does not currently meet the code's usage criteria."

Not sure what this coupon code works on, but it seems as though it's lower OCZ SSD drives only. I tried it on the Crucial SATA III 128GB drive and a RevoDrive and it does not work.

Try it on the Adata 599 SSD drives, it works, and these drives are awesome.

Got the shell shocker deal with the code :)

165 - 33 - 30MIR = 102

Decided this as it is not an E version. Seems that fairly new purchases have no issues... We'll see.

You must use the email where you got the promo. I had issues until I used that email addy. Picked up the cheapo SSD that comes out to $41 with MIR for netbook.

Reading those reviews was depressing, it's like you have a 75% chance to get a drive that will fail within the first 2 months. To top it off, people were also saying they don't allow refunds under any circumstances. The reason why is apparent enough :p

Nabbed one of these for a friend for his laptop; should be great!

kind of alarmed by the first few reviews that claim the drive dies within a year. I'll keep waiting till prices for ssd reach a more reasonable level.

I've been building PC's since around 91'. I can honestly say of all the PC's I've built if you were to ask me what company I've had the most problems with in terms of failures and RMA issues, it would OCZ. I say that in 1000% all honesty.

I would still use OCZ in a clients PC when there is a strict budget and hope to god I do not have to drive out and repair that persons PC due to an OCZ part failing on me. But, I would never use an OCZ part in my own build.

Back