Not a single driver installing correctly on Vista64!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blown 89

2[H]4U
I can't get any drivers to install in Vista 64. The Nvidia driver installs, reboots, but retains the native drivers. My airlink wireless card fails during driver install and finally XiFi gets the following message:
"Creative device driver installation program has stopped working"

What's going on? Neither Vista 64 drivers nor Xp drivers are installing.

I'm also having problems with my browsers giving me messages that they are unable to connect to the servers of web pages from time to time.

Update:
FYI for anyone using the search feature, Airlink emailed me back and said that their original drivers will not work and that Vista doesn't support wireless devices yet (whether or not that's true I don't know. The NVIDIA drivers still aren't working but I was able to get the X-Fi working by installing the OEM drivers from the CD. Oddly enough they wouldn't work off the hard drive. I did this after I turned off the driver signing, instructions can be found here:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/microsoft_vista_tips1429.html

From what I've read the X-Fi simply doesn't work with Creatives x64 drivers.

what? drivers for an OS thats at least 6 months from launch and 2 years from real usability arent working? :eek:

That sucks. I have the 64-bit version of Vista Beta 2, and the drivers I installed worked fine, which included the nVidia display drivers, and the Realtek AC/97 audio drivers. I don't know what the deal is, but this is exactly why it's still in the Beta phase.

Tutelary said:
what? drivers for an OS thats at least 6 months from launch and 2 years from real usability arent working? :eek:
Thanks for the valuable input. If you're not bright enough to offer a real solution do us all a favor and keep your assinine comments to yourself. All you're doing now is wasting my time and making yourself look like a complete idiot.

Lets get back to the issue at hand now. Does anyone have an idea why drivers written for Vista that hundreds of people on this forum have working properly might not be installing correctly on my machine? Does anyone have any ideas to build off of or can I expect more dribble from trolls like this guy?

I expect if they are working correctly for hundreds of other people and arent working for you, the problem is you. "blah blah blah blah troll". Wait for freaking retail.

XP64 drivers have been notoriously lacking, why you expect Vista to be better is amazing to me. That being said, *My* previous install of Vista went fine. :D

Tutelary said:
I expect if they are working correctly for hundreds of other people and arent working for you, the problem is you. "blah blah blah blah troll". Wait for freaking retail.

XP64 drivers have been notoriously lacking, why you expect Vista to be better is amazing to me. That being said, *My* previous install of Vista went fine. :D
More dribble from you? Are you going to offer a solution or continue to troll my posts like a child?

Blown 89 said:
More dribble from you? Are you going to offer a solution or continue to troll my posts like a child?

You're supposedly a super-genius, but oddly enough have not chosen to tell anyone specifically what hardware you tried to install on. I would offhand start by checking whatever Vista 64 compatibility lists exist for whatever build you are using, but then again, I'm the idiot here, remember?

Tutelary said:
You're supposedly a super-genius, but oddly enough have not chosen to tell anyone specifically what hardware you tried to install on. I would offhand start by checking whatever Vista 64 compatibility lists exist for whatever build you are using, but then again, I'm the idiot here, remember?
More insults, shocking. Does anyone else have a solution or are insults from this troll all I'm going to get?

Blown 89 said:
More insults, shocking. Does anyone else have a solution or are insults from this troll all I'm going to get?

Well, he does have a point, it's a bit hard to offer advice when you haven't really given any details...what devices, what drivers did you use, what build of Vista would all be helpful.

Blown 89 said:
He may have gone about it the wrong way, but the underlying message is true. You're using a beta OS that has a well known lack of driver support. Vista 32 would have been a better bet for now if you wanted to try out Vista. As mentioned, you gave no details, nor have you mentioned any other places you've tried to find an answer, such as trying Nvidia's support forums, etc.

First of all....if you read my first post you'll see that list the hardware I am trying to install......a Creative X-Fi audio card, an airlink wireless card, and an Nvidia graphics card of which they only have one driver, much like the X-Fi so I figured that whomever could come up with starting points to my question would be able to put two and two together or at least check out my sig which I didn't ad but lord knows it's really not that hard to find.

Of course I realize that this is a Beta program and of course I understand what that means but apparently I missed the memo that longstanding members weren't allowed to ask questions about Beta programs without getting flamed for it by some loser who obviously has no clue how to solve this question or possibly any other question directed at him. I was under the impression that this was a computer tech site after all so excuse me if I'm out of line in asking a tech question about an operating system on the operating system subforum. If I were posting with the intent of complaining about how bad, unstable, slow, and generally terrible this new OS was I can understand "it's a BETA, what were you thinking" rhetoric.

In short, I'm not sure what's with everyone's knee jerk "it's a BETA, what were you thinking" comments but I'm asking a simple question that if I knew the answer to and the shoe was on the other foot I'd be more than happy to help a fellow member out. Apparently that's to much to ask in a tech forum :rolleyes:

So, drama aside, has anyone experienced these types of issues and who has a place to start figuring out why ALL of my drivers crash during loading? I assume that it's a general OS problem if every driver is loading improperly so there has to be some setting I'm missing somewhere. I've turned the driver signing off and tried loading the drivers manually as well as under compatability modes. Aside from that I don't know what else to do because everyone, as far as I can tell, who's had the same problem as me is getting the third degree too.

well, we would need more specific hardware you are using. not only the hardware, but the specific version of the hardware as well. just saying "drivers don't work" really doesnt help us diagnos your issue here. we are more than happy to help, but everyone flaming everyone else isnt going to help your cause. help us, then we can help you ;)

Let me take the blame for the initial mud slinging here, I'll go on record as saying I should have worded things differently to start with and shouldnt have responded in kind when you got mad.

BUT:

Blown 89 said:
First of all....if you read my first post you'll see that list the hardware I am trying to install.....

This is wrong and everyone including you knows it. You adjusted your initial post with that information later, including the sig, which you admit to (the edit is noted as such). We are not mind readers, and unless you provide that infomation in your original post. Its hard to do anything helpful. I suggest that if you're experiencing this much frustration with trying to get Vista 64 to work, *stop trying*. Is it really worth fighting the OS and the users of this board over unfinalized product? WinXP 32 will work fine..
I hope you find an answer that helps you, if not here, then elsewhere.

Tutelary said:
This is wrong and everyone including you knows it. You adjusted your initial post with that information later, including the sig,
Hahaha, the only thing I added was the sig. If you were literate the first time you read my post you would have seen that everything else was in the original post. I added the sig so that anyone reading the post didn't have to wade through your bullshit to get to the information. Now why don't you do everyone a favor and find another post to pollute so that those of us seeking help can get it without being bothered by some pudwhacker whose mother didn't pay enough attention to him.

FYI for anyone using the search feature, Airlink emailed me back and said that their original drivers will not work and that Vista doesn't support wireless devices yet (whether or not that's true I don't know. The NVIDIA drivers still aren't working but I was able to get the X-Fi working by installing the OEM drivers from the CD. Oddly enough they wouldn't work off the hard drive. I did this after I turned off the driver signing, instructions can be found here:

I'll add this to my first post to, again, allow people searching to skip the BS by the children. God forbit I get accused of editing my post again :rolleyes:

protias said:
well, we would need more specific hardware you are using. not only the hardware, but the specific version of the hardware as well. just saying "drivers don't work" really doesnt help us diagnos your issue here. we are more than happy to help, but everyone flaming everyone else isnt going to help your cause. help us, then we can help you ;)
How much more specific do you need other than a 7600GT and an X-Fi?

Blown 89 said:
Hahaha, the only thing I added was the sig. If you were literate the first time you read my post you would have seen that everything else was in the original post. I added the sig so that anyone reading the post didn't have to wade through your bullshit to get to the information. Now why don't you do everyone a favor and find another post to pollute so that those of us seeking help can get it without being bothered by some pudwhacker whose mother didn't pay enough attention to him.

I'll add this to my first post to, again, allow people searching to skip the BS by the children. God forbit I get accused of editing my post again :rolleyes:

wow you really live in an alternate reality dont you? everyone who viewed this thread up to the point where you edited the OP to include the xfi and the 7600gt knows you did not have that information in there. I cant believe you're trying to pass it off as such. This is the equivalent to people who edit wikipedia to be "right".
I tried to be nice to you and you still act like a prick to myself and others. Perhaps you should check the number of thread views vs the number of responses of any kind youve gotten and youll understand that you're being a complete jerk and no one cares to help you.
Have fun with your non-working system.

Tutelary said:
wow you really live in an alternate reality dont you? everyone who viewed this thread up to the point where you edited the OP to include the xfi and the 7600gt knows you did not have that information in there. I cant believe you're trying to pass it off as such.
I guess the various posters referring me to the Nvidia forums means that I didn't say anything about my hardware huh? Considering that the second poster recognized that I'd say it's clear what you're trying to do here.

I tried to be nice to you and you still act like a prick to myself and others.
I like your idea of being nice....appologize in the first half of the post then flame me and make up crap about me editing the body of my post in the second half.

Perhaps you should check the number of thread views vs the number of responses of any kind youve gotten and youll understand that you're being a complete jerk and no one cares to help you.
Have fun with your non-working system.
My system is dual boot with XP so it's working just fine thank you. If nobody wants to help that's fine with me, I'll take my questions to a board where I can ask questions about a Beta program without getting flamed. It's no loss to me, I'll find my information one way or another. Thanks for all of your help though, I see this trend of being a jerk in your other posts too, I hope the mods evaluate your worth to this board because aside from constant insults and rudeness you obviously don't have much to offer this board.

Mods, I PM'd you after the first few posts asking for this thread to be shut down...any chance at revisiting that request?

In before thread death!!!!

MOD's lock this one down............Vista is in beta so it works or it don't :rolleyes:

pigster:
Well, he does have a point, it's a bit hard to offer advice when you haven't really given any details...what devices, what drivers did you use, what build of Vista would all be helpful.

djnes:
He may have gone about it the wrong way, but the underlying message is true. You're using a beta OS that has a well known lack of driver support. Vista 32 would have been a better bet for now if you wanted to try out Vista. As mentioned, you gave no details, nor have you mentioned any other places you've tried to find an answer, such as trying Nvidia's support forums, etc.

protias:
well, we would need more specific hardware you are using. not only the hardware, but the specific version of the hardware as well. just saying "drivers don't work" really doesnt help us diagnos your issue here. we are more than happy to help, but everyone flaming everyone else isnt going to help your cause. help us, then we can help you

-Everyone who participated in this thread before you modified your post noted that you hadnt identified your hardware. Stop the pathetic tragedy of lying about it. I'm done with this thread and you. I'm sorry that you're not a remotely rational human being.

The second reply to this thread, I obviously mentioned my Nvidia problems as well as the Vista build:
Jerome36 said:
"That sucks. I have the 64-bit version of Vista Beta 2, and the drivers I installed worked fine, which included the nVidia display drivers,

As well did this one:
Djnes said:
nor have you mentioned any other places you've tried to find an answer, such as trying Nvidia's support forums

Now why on Earth would people be pointing me to the Nvidia forums if I didn't mention the hardware I had? Nvidia and Creative only have one set of drivers for these cards, there was no need for me to mention more than I already did. I added my sig later to hopefully shut you up, it didn't work since you're obviously hell bent on destroying this thread one way or another. Seriously man, you are one pathetic individual if making this stuff up makes you feel better about yourself. It's really sad when people like you troll the internet looking for trouble because you're unable to stand up for yourself in real life. Do us all a favor cut it out, the members of this forum deserve better than this.

Mods I was under the impression that flaming and thread crapping like this troll is doing is not allowed. Please do something about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back