Norton Ghost 9 (restoring image from network)

NEODARK

Gawd
Hey guys,

I have a quick question. When I create my images, I save them to the network (file server) which is in the "LOCAL" workgroup.

However when it's time to restore an image using the ghost boot cd, it only has a few options I cannot seem to change, like the workgroup to be specific.

After starting network services via boot cd, I cannot seem to find a way to change the "workgroup" workgroup to LOCAL so I can access the shares with the image.

it's always default "workgrup" thus I cannot connect to the network share to restore the image, unless I go to the file server and change the LOCAL workgroup, to "Worgroup" so that the machine being ghosted sees the share...

Back to the question...

Is there any way to change the default "workgroup" name on the PC being ghosted via boot cd?

thanks

You need to configure the workgroup name? I've never had to.

Well, maybe you can just change your actual workgroup name to match what needs to be changed. Quick workaround.

If you have Norton Ghost 9, do you have GhostCast? That's such a better option IMO :)

Agreed....the best way to use Ghost is through DOS. Using the GhostCast server is also the easiest way to maintain an image or images to bring down.

Never used a ghostcast server...

thanks, I'll have to look into how to set it up, etc..

Back