Norton Corp 10, server temp file 3gigs?

JAW

Gawd
Wondering what all is stored in symantec\temp on the server side. On my server its upto 3gigs, not sure what these files are for and where they are coming from. I checked symantec's KB and doesn't mention it at all.

Assuming its a temp folder, its safe to delete but i'd like to know what these files are used for first.

I don't have a "symantec\temp" on my SAV servers. What exactly is the path?
I've got Progam Files\SAV, Progam Files\Symantec and Progam Files\Symantec_Client_Security but no 'temp'

I didn't spot a symantec\temp on our enterprise either... post the full path... but I'd be willing to bet that it was just something another engineer created at one point or another.

E:\Symantec

sub folders,
live update administration
quarantine
sav
symantec system center
temp (3gigs) AIX, X86 Files

Symantec is installed at,
c:\program files\symantec antivirus

kind of looks like installation files from the CD (what with the AIX, X86 bit). are there any setup files or anything in those subfolders?

You know, what it might be, is that you are using liveupdate to download definitions for every version and language. If you clear that directory out, and it re-populates again, then There are liveupdate Administration utilities that you can run to uncheck all those.

I'm guessing, for the fact that, i see definitions for aix there. .

Back