Northbridge chipset fan dieing... whats a good replacement cooler?

Tygerwoody

Gawd
what is the best bang for the buck cooler for my northbridge chipset?
I have an IS7 motherboard(yea the ones with the gig ethernet) and im using a 2.4C i purchased last year. My cpu hits a wall at 260fsb. Before 260fsb my computer is as stable as can be and can pass ANY test. Right after u hit 261, i am lucky if it even boots. This leads me to believe its not the chip. I have a SLK 900 cooler so its not the cooling. I have corsair 3200 XMS ram. That if i try to 3:2 settings its the same outcome as 5:4.

Anyway, back to my real question. What cooler should i get for my northbridge chipset? and does anyone think it should help with my OC. Thanks

What about this?
nb-1c_news.jpg

Its called the NB-1C and it performs pretty well. As for overclocking it might if your NB is getting too hot. Maybe it needs more voltage like the 925 series chipsets. Just make sure your CPU isnt too hot.

Duke3d87 said:
What about this?
MG]http://www.thermalright.com/a_newimages/nb-1c_news.jpg[/IMG]
Its called the NB-1C and it performs pretty well. As for overclocking it might if your NB is getting too hot. Maybe it needs more voltage like the 925 series chipsets. Just make sure your CPU isnt too hot.

That one looks pretty sweet,

Another good one is the zalman northbridge cooler.

I have same board, same chip with same fan problem. I got a Thermaltake Tiger-1 for $8 from a local computer store. Cools great, is quiter than stock and cooler than stock.

Oh and btw, thats temp is @ 255 fsb 1:1, 29 C (have a fan in my side panel also). It goes to 275 no problem, but i tone it down a notch when i air cool the chip.

gclg2000 said:
I have same board, same chip with same fan problem. I got a Thermaltake Tiger-1 for $8 from a local computer store. Cools great, is quiter than stock and cooler than stock.

Oh and btw, thats temp is @ 255 fsb 1:1, 29 C (have a fan in my side panel also). It goes to 275 no problem, but i tone it down a notch when i air cool the chip.

Did you happen to get what the temp was with the stock NB cooler?

BTW: i'm using the Zalman one with an old chipset fan (40 mm) with my own mounting design and the nb is pretty cool

Back