North Korean Missile Test Delayed by Windows 8

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know what makes this story so funny? A Chinese newspaper thought it was real and reprinted it. Oops! :D

North Korea’s official news agency announced today that the military’s planned missile test had been put on hold because of “problems with Windows 8.” Intelligence analysts said that the announcement gave rare insight into the inner workings of North Korea’s missile program, which until last year had been running on Windows 95.

hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wait.....maybe it's true. :D:D

The old missile launch software could only be accessed by the Start menu. Whoopsies!

Let me guess, everything was all set to begin but they couldn't find the Start button

This is what happened lol
bsod_blue_screen.jpg

Startrek-BSoD.gif

bill-gates-bsod-e1322039210120-500x374.jpg

:D

This can't be good for Microsoft

Seeing that their missiles (Taepdong-3) can only go as far as Alaska, if they wanted to retaliate against Microsoft for the lack of a Start menu, they may have to move their missiles further south-southeast to reach the Microsoft campus. :p

The old missile launch software could only be accessed by the Start menu. Whoopsies!

Kim: "Where is the launch control program!? It was under the Programs folder in the Start Menu; where is the Programs folder???"

LMFAO, esp at the part where last year their missile systems were running on win95.

I know its a joke but still very funneh.

It reported the Borowitz prank, including its imaginary quote from the state-run Korean Central News Agency saying that the regime "was working with Windows 8 support to resolve the issue.”

"Press 'Launch Button' in shitty Windows Store app, missile don't launch. If you Start Button missile would launch. Windows 8 shitty."

Even if its not real, its funny on multiple levels. Either they can't figure out how to run windows 8, or they don't have a computer powerful enough to run it in the first place.

the Windows 8 beta expired. Memo not received hehe.

From the looks of the computer in this article, it looks like he wishes he had hardware that would run Windows 95: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/03/own-the-mouse-that-kim-jong-un-wants-to-destroy-the-world-with/

I'd be more likely to believe a story that their launch was delayed by a faulty vacuum tube or maybe someone knocked the box of punch cards over.

He might be anti-Microsoft, be he give free product placement to Logitech or is that rogitech?

I don't think any of the DPRK's last 5 decades of bravado has been take seriously by anyone, but it does look like that can launch a nuclear missile now so that has to be taken seriously. All of this is because a 29 year old dipshit has been told everyday of his life how awesome he was by people that would have been shot at gun point if they didn't tell him so.

This is China's problem. Just let China know, and I imagine that we have for a long time now, that if any Kim wants to start a nuclear war, well, let's hope that the West has better aim than the DPRK.

Back