North Korea Linked To Digital Attacks On Global Banks

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do they mean they "think" North Korea is behind a string of attempted cyber-bank robberies? How hard is it to find out? North Korea only has one internet connection in the whole country. ;)

In three recent attacks on banks, researchers working for the digital security firm Symantec said, the thieves deployed a rare piece of code that had been seen in only two previous cases: the hacking attack at Sony Pictures in December 2014 and attacks on banks and media companies in South Korea in 2013. Government officials in the United States and South Korea have blamed those attacks on North Korea, though they have not provided independent verification.

Oh hell, they messing with people's money now, it's gonna get real real fast :eek:

I am actually quite surprised that they have people in NK that know how to use a computer. I am surprised even more that they would know how to do any type of hacking.

The attacks dont need to originate from NK, they inevitably have supporters placed in other countries.

NK isn't doing the hacking, they are funding it. Its the same situation like when they released that movie "The Interview" a year or two ago.

What's really surprising is that they even have any money to fund something like this in the first place.

FWIW, if you haven't seen that movie yet, watch it. It's fucking hilarious and doesn't paint NK in a very good light at all.

NK isn't doing the hacking, they are funding it. Its the same situation like when they released that movie "The Interview" a year or two ago.

What's really surprising is that they even have any money to fund something like this in the first place.

FWIW, if you haven't seen that movie yet, watch it. It's fucking hilarious and doesn't paint NK in a very good light at all.
It's actually not surprising at all. NK doesn't spend anything on infrastructure, no social programs to speak of, its military is poorly funded(looks like most of it is based on 1960's equipment they bought at firesale prices from China), and receives a bunch of money and food(that gets hoarded for the elite) as aid. They're basically the world's welfare state that uses money to spend on whatever nonsense it wants.

It's actually not surprising at all. NK doesn't spend anything on infrastructure, no social programs to speak of, its military is poorly funded(looks like most of it is based on 1960's equipment they bought at firesale prices from China), and receives a bunch of money and food(that gets hoarded for the elite) as aid. They're basically the world's welfare state that uses money to spend on whatever nonsense it wants.
Lol. I know this. Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through.
What I really meant is that it's surprising they have money left after Kim Jong Uno's Pizza Fat Rolls spending the country's money on his other personal pleasures like food, prostitutes, cars, food, drugs, and food. Did I forget to mention food?

They have money to develop nukes, they have money to fund some hacking, or is it the other way around? Hack and siphon funds then develop nukes.

Lol. I know this. Sorry if my sarcasm didn't come through.
What I really meant is that it's surprising they have money left after Kim Jong Uno's Pizza Fat Rolls spending the country's money on his other personal pleasures like food, prostitutes, cars, food, drugs, and food. Did I forget to mention food?

He pays for prostitutes? I think the word you're looking for is "slaves".

Nasgul said:
Yeah......and we're doing so much better. What's Trump slogan? Make what great again?

As for spending money on infrastructure, I guess you don't know about this little town called Detroit. Right?

It's best not to glue yourself to CNN, FOX or MSNBC.

I signed up just to tell you that this is possibly THE most idiotic attempt at comparing two countries that I've ever seen.

Yeah......and we're doing so much better. What's Trump slogan? Make what great again?

As for spending money on infrastructure, I guess you don't know about this little town called Detroit. Right?

It's best not to glue yourself to CNN, FOX or MSNBC.
Seriously? You're comparing Detroit, a city that everyone knows has serious problems caused by decades of leadership issues in everything from the corporate to political spectrum...

To North Korea? I can't wait to see which city you compare to Cuba or the former East Germany. Maybe you should get a clue as to how bad North Korea is. It's not known as the darkest country on the planet for nothing. If you seriously believe that Detroit's problems compare to that of a nation that doesn't have electricity outside of its capital(and even then it's not stable), nevermind water, roads(or anything for transit), maybe you should be the one taking a look at world news?

Saddam is dead so it's always NK and people believe this shit.

Back