Normal bandwith, slow down/upload wtf?

mssmith79

Limp Gawd
Alright here's the deal, I have a 128/64kb cable connection. The other day I reset the modem because it seemed a little slow and the modem refused to connect, after dealing with the isp, they did something and it started working again. But since then, I have had horrible up and down speeds, like <10kb on several different BT clients, straight download from several sites like Microsoft update, Sourceforge, etc. Now this is even occuring on different computers on the LAN. I have tried different cables, bypassing the router, changed ports, ran anti-viri up the wazoo, even changed modems. The screwy thing is my just browsing connection seems normal, and a couple different bandwidth testing sites say I'm getting about what I should. The only thing that I can think is that the ISP has started some kind of bandwidth throttling, is there some way that I can test the speed of specific ports?
Like most ISP's these guys are dicks, and if I don't tell them exactly what the problem is they wont fix it and God forbid it be on my side, I'll owe them a fortune. Any help with what the heck is going on here?

Back