NordVPN Encryption Keys Stolen

Maybe you're just too stupid to figure shit out? I mean on the one hand I get that you can't fix a sub-par IQ, but still I want to tell you to educate yourself. Either way you're "ignored" as far as this forum goes so respond or don't - I'm done feeding this troll.

im such a troll and so ignored:

933 <-- more than you with half the posts and a tenth of the time as member.

truly you are the captain of cope.

this is all great (the vigorous back and forth) but i mean we are all using vpns to pirate all our shows and movies, ive been with pia for like 10 years. also use it all the time at the airport because it adds a nice additional layer of encryption. i been also piratings and seeding movies in the 1st month they are released. NEVER had any problems or a single letter. i think your personal experience is good enough(or as good as it gets) for this particular issue.

unless i am missing something and you all eat CHEESE PIZZA hence the sensitive, quivering tone of the thread.

I don’t know what vocation you’re currently in, but your gift of font selection could lead to a lucrative career in making ransom notes.

JayzTwoCents, a promoter of Nord, is pissed. CHeck his youtube

gotta love shills like linus, jayz and gamersnexus, “ill promote anyone who gives me money but take no responsibility when shit goes south, just bitch about it”

gotta love shills like linus, jayz and gamersnexus, “ill promote anyone who gives me money but take no responsibility when shit goes south, just bitch about it”
You obviously didn't watch the video but are just here to "bitch about it."
JayzTwoCents stated that he would no longer be accepting VPN advertising until he'd had a chance to review them more thoroughly. He already only takes advertisers of products that he would personally use.

Exactly what "responsibility" are they supposed to take beyond that, it's not like they're hawking penis enlargement cream.

If you are looking for a VPN for the purpose of security while on public networks, then a free VPN service can be perfectly fine. It is called setting up a VPN server at your house and logging into that. That is free, there is zero risk of the owner of it doing anything bad with the data as you are the owner. Just to look up OpenVPN.

thank you for sharing this, me and my grandma are very thankful.

You are very welcome. Glad I could educate you and your grandma. That is two less people now that are partly less informed about what VPNs are and aren't so it is nice to know that my comment helped.

JayzTwoCents stated that he would no longer be accepting VPN advertising until he'd had a chance to review them more thoroughly. He already only takes advertisers of products that he would personally use.

Exactly what "responsibility" are they supposed to take beyond that, it's not like they're hawking penis enlargement cream.

I don't know anything about this person in particular, but if his ads were like the other 8+ that I have heard on various youtube channels then I would say that their responsibility could at the very least be not to do ads that outright lie to people. If person X promotes brand A and claims something 100% unrealistic or false that is on person X for lying to everyone. If somebody claims that if you buy a new Ford vehicle then every insurance company will actually give you a special policy where they pay you $600 a month to take their insurance would you not want to call them out on their BS? With NordVPN and the rest I have heard their pitches being given by YouTubers going on about how VPNs protect you 100% from any type of identify theft, they prevent you 100% from phishing attacks, they prevent viruses and malware, they prevent your data from ever being compromised during a data breach.... all the stuff I semi joked about in my other post. That is what the people promoting VPN services tell their viewers. How it isn't safe to use the internet period without using a VPN service and if you use one then there is zero possibility of anything bad ever happening with your data. I had to keep myself from laughing when during one person's ad read they were going on about " I was always afraid to enter my credit card information into any site as I never knew if it was truly safe or not. However with NordVPN you never have to worry about the site that you are visiting. VPNs ensure that your data can never be compromised removing all the risk of anyone ever stealing your data or credit card information. Before you ever order online again make sure to start using a VPN service to prevent all server side and man in the middle attacks." To which some people here even seem to share that believe of that is what a VPN service can do meaning that they have been mislead into thinking that VPNs are something special that they aren't, which is probably due to a misleading ad that they came across. This person's current plan to only advertise products that he uses is a good step and is really about all he (or anyone else) can do for responsibility. Only advertise stuff that they personally use and focus more on the facts of their experience. Sure that limits possible revenue vectors but is really the only way to know for sure that what you are selling to your base is what you are saying it is.

responsibility would not to promote anyone who gives you fkn money in the first place. Bit late now for anyone who took his “recommendation”

like someone else mentioned, you clearly didn't watch the video. jayz is different, he completely trashed Nord for their response to the hack.

responsibility would not to promote anyone who gives you fkn money in the first place. Bit late now for anyone who took his “recommendation”

there's nothing wrong with doing promotions, especially when you do promotions of companies you like and whose products you used. Just watch the video if you insist on talking about jayz (who I like but have no affiliation with)

I don't know anything about this person in particular, but if his ads were like the other 8+ that I have heard on various youtube channels then I would say that their responsibility could at the very least be not to do ads that outright lie to people. If person X promotes brand A and claims something 100% unrealistic or false that is on person X for lying to everyone. If somebody claims that if you buy a new Ford vehicle then every insurance company will actually give you a special policy where they pay you $600 a month to take their insurance would you not want to call them out on their BS? With NordVPN and the rest I have heard their pitches being given by YouTubers going on about how VPNs protect you 100% from any type of identify theft, they prevent you 100% from phishing attacks, they prevent viruses and malware, they prevent your data from ever being compromised during a data breach.... all the stuff I semi joked about in my other post. That is what the people promoting VPN services tell their viewers. How it isn't safe to use the internet period without using a VPN service and if you use one then there is zero possibility of anything bad ever happening with your data. I had to keep myself from laughing when during one person's ad read they were going on about " I was always afraid to enter my credit card information into any site as I never knew if it was truly safe or not. However with NordVPN you never have to worry about the site that you are visiting. VPNs ensure that your data can never be compromised removing all the risk of anyone ever stealing your data or credit card information. Before you ever order online again make sure to start using a VPN service to prevent all server side and man in the middle attacks." To which some people here even seem to share that believe of that is what a VPN service can do meaning that they have been mislead into thinking that VPNs are something special that they aren't, which is probably due to a misleading ad that they came across. This person's current plan to only advertise products that he uses is a good step and is really about all he (or anyone else) can do for responsibility. Only advertise stuff that they personally use and focus more on the facts of their experience. Sure that limits possible revenue vectors but is really the only way to know for sure that what you are selling to your base is what you are saying it is.

076a6b5bcc340e4630478d1c99e118c6.png

If you are looking for a VPN for the purpose of security while on public networks, then a free VPN service can be perfectly fine. It is called setting up a VPN server at your house and logging into that. That is free, there is zero risk of the owner of it doing anything bad with the data as you are the owner. Just to look up OpenVPN.

You are very welcome. Glad I could educate you and your grandma. That is two less people now that are partly less informed about what VPNs are and aren't so it is nice to know that my comment helped.

This all sounds too sensible....who let you in here?

I switched to their service a few months ago from PIA, because of increased security (based out of US), however their service is SLOW! I frequently connect to IPs where I get no connection. Not sure if my ISP is blocking those servers or what, but I never had problems with PIA.
Yeah, I hate how slow NordVPN is. It’s mind-numbing. Did a trial of ExpressVPN and the difference was night and day.

I am going to recommend the VPN I use which is being audited by a third party, is headquartered and operated out of a country with the strongest privacy laws in the world, and has zero issues with being transparent... ProtonVPN
I ran into some legal issues a while back and was using ProtonMail (who makes ProtonVPN) at the time and they gave deleted e-mails to the authorities when asked. Fortunately, I had nothing to hide, but I have zero faith in their services and I can’t recommend them whatsoever.

From their site:

“All emails are secured automatically with end-to-end encryption. This means even we cannot decrypt and read your emails. As a result, your encrypted emails cannot be shared with third parties.”

This is completely and utterly false.

Companies can claim whatever they want online. The truth is something quite different.

Last edited:
I ran into some legal issues a while back and was using ProtonMail (who makes ProtonVPN) at the time and they gave deleted e-mails to the authorities when asked. Fortunately, I had nothing to hide, but I have zero faith in their services and I can’t recommend them whatsoever.

From their site:
“All emails are secured automatically with end-to-end encryption. This means even we cannot decrypt and read your emails. As a result, your encrypted emails cannot be shared with third parties.”
This is completely and utterly false.Companies can claim whatever they want online. The truth is something quite different.
You are also the person who said "I’ve tried a billion times to mix Linux and gaming and it just isn’t there yet" and "Yes. Literally a billion."

Sorry, but you have zero credibility.

Reactions: Mega6
like this
From their site:

This is completely and utterly false.

Companies can claim whatever they want online. The truth is something quite different.

Digging deeper..

"Data is encrypted on the client side using an encryption key that we do not have access to."

If the encryption key is on the user's client this makes total sense and would make protonmail's statement true.

You are also the person who said "I’ve tried a billion times to mix Linux and gaming and it just isn’t there yet" and "Yes. Literally a billion."

Sorry, but you have zero credibility.
I fall to see how any of this is related in any way whatsoever or how not being able to use Linux as a main gaming OS discredits me at all in way, shape, or form. This comment serves literally no purpose. I’m sharing a rather serious experience with law enforcement involving a company that claims privacy, so I’d appreciate it if you’d take your emotion-based trolling elsewhere.

Sho -

I'll go with zero credibility since you fail to research and apparently know nothing about encryption.

Sho -

I'll go with zero credibility since you fail to research and apparently know nothing about encryption.
Claiming I have no credibility doesn’t make me have no credibility just because that’s how you feel. They had access to not only my data, but deleted data as well, meaning they are storing accessible information on their servers, so their claims of privacy and not having access to your encrypted data are both false. I’m not spreading a conspiracy theory, I’m trying to raise people’s awareness based on a firsthand experience. I’m sorry if my experience is somehow offending your sensibilities.

Claiming I have no credibility doesn’t make me have no credibility just because that’s how you feel. They had access to not only my data, but deleted data as well, meaning they are storing accessible information on their servers, so their claims of privacy and not having access to your encrypted data are both false. I’m not spreading a conspiracy theory, I’m trying to raise people’s awareness based on a firsthand experience. I’m sorry if my experience is somehow offending your sensibilities.

So some things come to mind:

1) you don't understand encryption and keys. Let's not make it personal.
2) feelings have nothing to do with it.
3) I understand your paranoia
4) If i type or copy/seed/make up/random generate my encryption key locally on my client - how does my vpn provider know what it is?
5) Are you hacking my box right now?

So some things come to mind:

1) you don't understand encryption and keys. Let's not make it personal.
2) feelings have nothing to do with it.
3) I understand your paranoia
4) If i type or copy/seed/make up/random generate my encryption key locally on my client - how does my vpn provider know what it is?
5) Are you hacking my box right now?
I wasn’t referring to the VPN, I was referring to the company that provides the VPN and my experience with their other service, ProtonMail. Nothing you’re saying discredits my experience with them. All I’m saying is the claims they made for their mail service are untrue, so blindly accepting what they say regarding their VPN service would be unwise.

And again this is not based on paranoia and conspiracy theories. I’m telling you a firsthand experience of something that actually happened. If you want to pretend I’m an idiot and a liar that’s perfectly fine, but it’s not helping you or anyone else.

I wasn’t referring to the VPN, I was referring to the company that provides the VPN and my experience with their other service, ProtonMail. Nothing you’re saying discredits my experience with them. All I’m saying is the claims they made for their mail service are untrue, so blindly accepting what they say regarding their VPN service would be unwise.

And again this is not based on paranoia and conspiracy theories. I’m telling you a firsthand experience of something that actually happened. If you want to pretend I’m an idiot and a liar that’s perfectly fine, but it’s not helping you or anyone else.

I've already explained that protonmail's argument holds water. Firsthand experience? Please do tell... I have had that happen to me here so please do. I am just saying it's feasible.

I've already explained that protonmail's argument holds water. Firsthand experience? Please do tell... I have had that happen to me here so please do. I am just saying it's feasible.
I already discussed it. Law enforcement asked for my e-mail data, and the folks at ProtonMail handed it over, including deleted e-mails. These were e-mails that were part of a ProtonMail to ProtonMail user collaboration and not ProtonMail to a regular e-mail service.

What was your situation, if you don’t mind me asking?

"These were e-mails that were part of a ProtonMail to ProtonMail user collaboration and not ProtonMail to a regular e-mail service."

ok we get it. an internal email I'm not a fkn lawyer. find one.

"What was your situation, if you don’t mind me asking?"
NOYFB

Last edited:
A warrant is different than an encryption key. Maybe you need to read the fine print and get a lawyer? This appears to be an internal email. Why you didn't scramble it with a client encryption key? Because apparently, you were NOT encrypting your email. PGP GPG try it.
??? Dude you’re just making false claims about what happened. I know how their e-mail service works.

I was using their end-to-end encryption with emails to and from a ProtonMail user that were also timed, self-destructing e-mails. I know for a fact that these e-mails were deleted on both ends, seeing as it was a woman I was dating at the time and we collaborated frequently. Nothing we were sending was of any interest to law enforcement, we just liked our privacy, or what we thought was private anyway. I was indeed using their encryption. I already had a lawyer and this issue has been done and over with for quite some time. My biggest concern throughout the process was when my lawyer handed me the information that law enforcement had acquired during their investigating (which they have to by law) and was literally dumbstruck to see what they acquired from ProtonMail.

Unless you have something useful to add to this discussion besides pointing fingers at me and failing to attempt to discredit me, I’m done with this pointless back-and-forthing. Thanks.

??? Dude you’re just making false claims about what happened. I know how their e-mail service works.

I was using their end-to-end encryption with emails to and from a ProtonMail user that were also timed, self-destructing e-mails. I know for a fact that these e-mails were deleted on both ends, seeing as it was a woman I was dating at the time and we collaborated frequently. Nothing we were sending was of any interest to law enforcement, we just liked our privacy, or what we thought was private anyway. I was indeed using their encryption. I already had a lawyer and this issue has been done and over with for quite some time. My biggest concern throughout the process was when my lawyer handed me the information that law enforcement had acquired during their investigating (which they have to by law) and was literally dumbstruck to see what they acquired from ProtonMail.

Unless you have something useful to add to this discussion besides pointing fingers at me and failing to attempt to discredit me, I’m done with this pointless back-and-forthing. Thanks.

So sorry. If your key only onlyon ur client, you wouldn't be screwed, be careful what you do on your computer.

Sounds like ur shit got compromised and someone stole ur private key OR internal emails compromised it . dont think you can blame that on your VPN.

Last edited:
NordVPN steal your sweetroll? KhajiitVPN will keep you safe! Join today if you have coin!

This all sounds too sensible....who let you in here?

I snuck back in while the mods aren't looking. I actually am not supposed to be in here. Just don't tell them I am back.

Sounds like ur shit got compromised and someone stole ur private key OR internal emails compromised it . dont think you can blame that on your VPN.

I think you are missing part of the point of his statements. He isn't blaming this on his VPN. He is saying that he doesn't trust the company as they lied with one program / service. They claimed that their mail service was 100% encrypted and they had no way to see anything. But then when law enforcement asked for the contents of his email box for some reason they were able to provide the full contents. if the emails are supposed to be encrypted in your client and sent out they shouldn't have an uncrypted version to give law enforcement. The fact that they lied about that service makes him think that they would also lie about their VPN service and what they do or don't do with it.

I snuck back in while the mods aren't looking. I actually am not supposed to be in here. Just don't tell them I am back.

I think you are missing part of the point of his statements. He isn't blaming this on his VPN. He is saying that he doesn't trust the company as they lied with one program / service. They claimed that their mail service was 100% encrypted and they had no way to see anything. But then when law enforcement asked for the contents of his email box for some reason they were able to provide the full contents. if the emails are supposed to be encrypted in your client and sent out they shouldn't have an uncrypted version to give law enforcement. The fact that they lied about that service makes him think that they would also lie about their VPN service and what they do or don't do with it.

Thats fine but the technical aregument stands - if u have own the client only key - u r fine. PGP and GPG are a work round where u encrypt the message before sending. As for the rest - i have no idea as people are people. Again - its an internal email so special case,

I believe NORD rotated new vpn servers in and the old ones are gone.

but problem is nothing cant be breached on the internett sadly. i really dont do much obscure things on the internett anyway. even if i get designated adds i dont care, im not that gullible :p i never bought anything because an add wanted me to, i buy what i want that i know are good things that i like. only problem is when i torrent, not sure how susceptible i am to attack when my IP is literally out there. they dont really give a rats ass about torrenting and pursuing it in norway. only time they did was over a norwegian movie. but even with VPN they can trace you from the content u view, like mail +++ facebook, instagram, even if the info is encrypted i dont make u invisible.

but problem is nothing cant be breached on the internett sadly. i really dont do much obscure things on the internett anyway. even if i get designated adds i dont care, im not that gullible :p i never bought anything because an add wanted me to, i buy what i want that i know are good things that i like. only problem is when i torrent, not sure how susceptible i am to attack when my IP is literally out there. they dont really give a rats ass about torrenting and pursuing it in norway. only time they did was over a norwegian movie. but even with VPN they can trace you from the content u view, like mail +++ facebook, instagram, even if the info is encrypted i dont make u invisible.
It’s generally a shared IP address, so it wouldn’t be that simple. And when you’re using a VPN service that doesn’t give a rat’s ass about torrenting, you’re fine.

Back