Noooo! Is my MX518 finally biting it?

GJSNeptune

[H]F Junkie
The scroll wheel is acting up. I try to scroll up and down web pages and documents and it's spotty. Sometimes it won't scroll after several revolutions. Is it finally dying after three or four years?

Middle-click is fine. Tracking and left- and right-clicking are fine. Just something going on with scrolling.

Any suggestions as to how to try fixing it? Or is it time to bust out the G7 v2 I'd had stashed in a box for a few years awaiting its turn?

If I recall, the scroll wheel uses a optical sensor. The wheel and or sensor can get dirty over time and will cause intermittent scrolling.
Perhaps a shot or two of compressed air around the wheel area will do the trick, or open it up and give it a good cleaning (if you're sure it isnt still under warranty - 3 years I think).

I think mine did that about 3 years ago and I cleaned it out and its worked fine ever since. Only problem I had was I lost the clickly thing that makes it click when you scroll so now it is just a smooth scroll wheel. :p

Opening it and wiping the grime off the wheel and blowing out the dust seemed to be just what it needed. Phew! My G7 gets to keep waiting patiently.

I was one of the unlucky ones who downloaded malware with razors official driver updates a while back. I'm still wondering to this day how malware got on to their servers and into their drivers. Beats the hell out of me

I was one of the unlucky ones who downloaded malware with razors official driver updates a while back. I'm still wondering to this day how malware got on to their servers and into their drivers. Beats the hell out of me

wow dude that effn sucks

Random. :confused:

Back