Nook 3G + wifi $99 refurb

The two people I know who got Nooks returned them and got Kindles... just a subjective experience here.

I've been really happy with mine, I'd be all over this if I needed another. The ability to expand memory and format support seems much better than the kindle. I do like the kb better from the kindle though.

Woah snap! Is 3G worth it?
I wonder if they will get even cheaper after the color nooks come out.

The two people I know who got Nooks returned them and got Kindles... just a subjective experience here.

I had $100 in gift cards from best buy and wanted a kindle really bad. Went about 3 different times and could not find one in stock and said F-it, i'll try a nook and if i don't like it i'll just take it back. I fell in love with the friggen thing immediately. I know the software had some bugs in the early versions that caused lag, but apparently it's been worked out because mine works flawlessly. Plus, the Nook and the Sony readers have a huge plus over the Kindle with epubs.

I _almost_ bit on that, but I'm still waiting for the NOOKcolor because my primary eReader use case is for books with color diagrams/figures.

I _almost_ bit on that, but I'm still waiting for the NOOKcolor because my primary eReader use case is for books with color diagrams/figures.

blech... an ereader should be all about battery life and eink IMO. None of that LCD and 8 hour battery life bullshit

blech... an ereader should be all about battery life and eink IMO. None of that LCD and 8 hour battery life bullshit

and eInk wont let me read color which I really have to have. I'm not going to be reading novels, I'm going to be reading technical documents with color-rich graphics.

get that in eInk for me and I'll be the first in line.

I love my nook worth 100 bucks for sure!

I really want to try the Nook Color looks interesting.

Think I'll hold off for a 1/2 off Nook1 Wifi.
B&N 3G is just a scam. ...only useful for $buying$ things. You can't use it for www data etc like on the kindle. I'm most likely only going to buy books while connected to the B&N wifi anyhow. From what I gather they allow you to preview entire books while connected to the store's wifi.

Am I way off base with this?

B&N 3G is just a scam. ...only useful for $buying$ things. You can't use it for www data etc like on the kindle. I'm most likely only going to buy books while connected to the B&N wifi anyhow. From what I gather they allow you to preview entire books while connected to the store's wifi.

Somebody should set up a coffee shop within Wifi range (with very loungy, comfortable chairs) that has Nooks for rent there. :D

Ya, don't waste your ext 50 dollars on the 3G. it is only good in buying books. But since i side load all my epub i don't bother buy from B&N. Also when your at a B&N you can view books for one hour, then you would have to switch book or come back another day to continue. If you buy it from B&N they do have an option to spend an extra 50 toward their warranty which cover water damage and drop which was more worth it for me, since i know i would use it at the pool, beach and outside.

As for the OS. There should be a new firmware coming out soon.

As our purchasing person says, "An eBay auction is not a reliable source"

Back