Noob needs help

Ibanez3434

Bad Trader
Ok, I'm somewhat of a noob (How many threads have you seen that start out like that?). I basically need help in every area of networking. Way to many to have a thread for each, I want to experiment in mail servers, cluster servers, cache servers, making my own cat5 cables, FTP, etc.. I already have a network setup with internet connection sharing, and a file server. I just want to expand it. So if any of you guys know anything about stuff like this please IM, PM, whatever me. Preferably IM but w\e, all my info is in my profile.
Thanks a lot!!
Ibanez3434

The best suggestion I can give is right here .

Honestly, without direct, specific questions we don't really know what you want, and going there will let you get the information you need.

Yeah I've googled most of these, I just prefer to talk to someone directly. Everytime I google something it is just someone trying to sell something. I want to set up a FTP, who better than to ask someone who has a FTP? So to be more precise I want to know how to set up a FTP, cache server (I think), a cluster server, and I'm eyeballing some stuff on ebay and I need some advice on whats a good price. Basically somebody to talk to about networking without starting a million threads.

Back