Noob motherboard question

I have never had a motherboard that wasn't a factory bios dell or an ecs board. The dell couldn't overclock or display system and component temps. On the other hand, the Ecs boards were lousy overclockers and weren't capable of displaying accurate system and component temps (I could only view the temps in bios and speedfan reports were always 10 degrees celcius off). Now that I am about to buy a new motherboard, what brand of motherboards will be guaranteed to have decent overclocking features and temperature display software (other than asus, it's common sense that asus boards will have these features)?

well asus boards are really nice. dfi are the king of overclockers end of story. i personally have only used asus and soyo mobos for my builds. the soyos are nice if u dont need much. i know abit and gigabyte are also pretty good mobos as far as the higher end ones.

go for an asus board.over the long haul you will find asus boards seem to be the best for stability and longevity.they are for the most part great boards.try the a8n-e for a great 939 board.IMO its the best nf4 non sli board made,and believe me i had quite a few.its as close to being a perfect as can be.perfect layout,o/clocks well,stable as a rock.for 90 bucks it cant be beat.

I got the asus p5pl2 for $99 at frys. Everything about it is nice when compared to its ecs 945p
counterpart. The only thing that ticks me off is that the chipset limitation of having only 2gb of ddr2 ram installed even with 4 ddr2 slots isn't mentioned until you open it and read the manual. I would think that a reputable brand such as asus would mention a drawback like that.

I've been runing a DFI Lan Party UT nForce4 SLI-D and the overclocking has been a breeze. My votes for DFI

DFI or ABIT get my vote

personally i cant stand asus boards, they are the only make that has ever given me any real problems, and for some reason they always seem slower than an equally equipped model of the competition. then again i haven't owned a newer high-end asus boards so they might be better now...

Back