nOOb firefox question

MrMitch

Spinning Drives Rule!
i feel like my geek card is in jeporday.

All i want to do is sort my firefox downloads so certain file extensions go to certian folders.

primarly torrents go to a share on my server and auto start

jpegs to a picture folder

and stuff like that. a quick google search showed extensions that seem overbuilt for what i want.

any ideas?

FavLoc is one I find particularly useful, but it's not exactly what you're asking for. It will work once you set it up, then a right-click on a link gets you the specific download target you have in mind.

I do recall seeing an automated one that would direct the download to a given folder based on the extension in the recent past but now I can't find it again... (no pun intended given the topic) :D

This one might work for your purposes, however:

Automatic Save Folder 0.9.2

Hope this helps...

ps - Seems the download of that addon is corrupted from Mozilla's end, the proper uncorrupted one can be found at the homepage:

http://mangaheart.org/?id_rub=divers&id_page=0003

He's looking for an addon to his browser, not an entire system-file-management tool like that one... but it does seem promising for after the content is downloaded as a way to categorize and move stuff around.

Interesting...

doesn't firefox have that basic functionality built in? you can have it ask you where it should save a certain file, and you can check the box "do this automatically to this type of file from here on"

That just controls the action of whether to prompt for what to do with a specific download or handle it automagically. Firefox by default only has two possibles: download to the specified downloads folder or feed the file to the associated application. So it's either open it with the associated app or save it, that's all you can do with the browser alone.

Back