Non-working keys, missed timelines, and poor communication from seller. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

janas19

[H]ard|Gawd
**1/05 Update posted below**. Thread locked.

I won't put his name in the post, but here is our communication:

Picture speaks a thousand words, this is basically the whole story.

- I send him money for 3 keys on Sunday, he says he'll send the keys Sunday.

- Changes timeline later in the afternoon and says Monday.

- He sends the keys Monday, but I don't have a chance to activate until Wednesday.

- On Wednesday I use the keys. 1 key works, 2 keys don't.

- I send him a message to explain the situation, he said he will send new keys on Thursday.

- It's now Saturday afternoon, almost 1 week later. I still don't have Windows keys for my PCs.

- He hasn't responded since Thursday, but logged in yesterday around 9.

I understand people get busy, these keys aren't high priority, etc. Fine, I get that. I'm willing to be patient and work with you. What I can't abide is if you log in and ignore me entirely after. Now I am angry.

So what should I do at this point? What's the best response? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
His name is in the pics? So was it one week from initial purchase? Or from Thursday? Typically patience is paramount in these situations so I’d suggest giving him the benefit of a couple days. If it wasn’t a high priority for you to activate them same day, don’t expect same day for him to renew them.

His name is in the pics? So was it one week from initial purchase? Or from Thursday? Typically patience is paramount in these situations so I’d suggest giving him the benefit of a couple days. If it wasn’t a high priority for you to activate them same day, don’t expect same day for him to renew them.

As I said in the post, I'll reiterate here:

Payment was made on Sunday.

Keys were sent on Monday.

I attempted activation on Wednesday, and 2 did not work. Contacted the seller.

On Thursday, he said he would send replacement keys.

Today is Saturday, haven't heard back, but he logged in on Friday.

So if you were in my shoes, do you think it's reasonable to be upset at this timeline, or should I continue waiting?

I would be patient honestly. I’ve found that most aren’t out to cause issues, and it’s possible he’s away since it’s the weekend. I also don’t put a lot of faith in the last visited because some may open a browser tab that had H on it, but not intend to look here so they close it. I’ve also found that people sometimes access the forums from work and spend time at home on the weekends. At least wait to see if you hear anything on Monday/Tuesday, then push a little harder. Maybe he has to source keys himself so give him a bit of time to get back to you.

I know it’s frustrating but you got them Monday and waited till Wednesday to check them. that’s two/three days. He at least acknowledged you Thursday so you could extend the same courtesy and give him a couple days also, NOT counting Saturday or Sunday. That puts him at Monday or Tuesday. After that, explain the situation and see how he replies. Being nice, courteous and understanding will likely yield better results in the long run regardless.

I've purchased keys from the same member, received them right away, and each has worked, even months afterwards.

That being said, I paid right away and expected to (and did) receive the keys right away. Immediate send of keys is also stated in his FS post.

I would be upset in your situation. What's your options, wait? PayPal dispute?

You should provide honest heatware feedback, whether positive, neutral, or negative.

I had bought plenty of keys from him that were all fine. I got one that didn't work and he was prompt to replace. I would send a follow up pm as it may have been lost in mind. I suspect he does a lot of key transactions and it's reasonable to think sometimes the ball will get dropped.

Appreciate the input from everyone. I take partial blame for waiting 2 days, and this guy seems to have mostly positive reputation, so it's possible this is just an outlier situation.

I have reached out again and asked for updates. I told him I would wait until tomorrow, and then Monday I'll have no choice but to file a PayPal dispute. I would like to avoid that outcome obviously, so hopefully he'll respond.

I'm going to lock this thread for now, but I'll post an update on the outcome.

I would be patient honestly. I’ve found that most aren’t out to cause issues, and it’s possible he’s away since it’s the weekend. I also don’t put a lot of faith in the last visited because some may open a browser tab that had H on it, but not intend to look here so they close it. I’ve also found that people sometimes access the forums from work and spend time at home on the weekends. At least wait to see if you hear anything on Monday/Tuesday, then push a little harder. Maybe he has to source keys himself so give him a bit of time to get back to you.

I know it’s frustrating but you got them Monday and waited till Wednesday to check them. that’s two/three days. He at least acknowledged you Thursday so you could extend the same courtesy and give him a couple days also, NOT counting Saturday or Sunday. That puts him at Monday or Tuesday. After that, explain the situation and see how he replies. Being nice, courteous and understanding will likely yield better results in the long run regardless.

Update:

The seller replied and apologized for missing my messages, said he had a busy week. He did offer to send an extra key for free, however I must note the extra key did not activate. But I think he was genuinely sorry.

Finally tally: 6 keys sent total, 3 keys worked. So, you can draw your own conclusions on this.

I'll lock the thread since nothing else productive will come of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back