Non-TN screen with low input lag?

CutterX

Weaksauce
Hello!

I need help in finding a 24" to 26" monitor for gaming, which would meet these four criteria:
  • VA or IPS panel
  • low input lag
  • standard colour space
  • portrait mode

These four simple criteria seem already quite hard to meet, as I've found out reading reviews and forums.

Thanks in advance for your advice. :cool:

Thanks, that's indeed an interesting monitor, but its shitty stand (weird height adjustment, lack of portrait mode) is a shame for this price.

I think the stand looks quite good and functional, but thats just me. Since this is for gaming, where do you need the portrait mode? 24" has quite a bit of space vertically already so paper work shouldnt be too tedious.

I heard the NEC 24WMGX3 has some ghosting issues, too bad I'll never get to see one since this particular NEC is available in Europe only.

Hey joe, do you use the component input on your 20WMGX2? Does everything on it look as ugly as it does on my own 20WMGX2?

IMO none of the non-TN's have the right combo of reactivity and low input lag to be really suitable for gaming. They can be close, and usable, but for the price not worth it still for gaming.
Unless you need perfect accurate color for work or whatever, there are great looking TNs that are great at games and still look good and are very accurate.

IMO none of the non-TN's have the right combo of reactivity and low input lag to be really suitable for gaming. They can be close, and usable, but for the price not worth it still for gaming.
Unless you need perfect accurate color for work or whatever, there are great looking TNs that are great at games and still look good and are very accurate.

W2600HP-BF has no real input lag, NEC mentioned here also has nonexistent input lag in Through-mode, LP2475W has small input lag that is comparable to majority of TN panel monitors. (Too bad only NEC is standard gamut) In any case, panel tech has very little to do with input lag in the end.

Yes, TN monitor can look really good, but that vertical gamma shift that is noticeable even directly from front kills it. Too distracting in darker scenes especially.

I heard the NEC 24WMGX3 has some ghosting issues, too bad I'll never get to see one since this particular NEC is available in Europe only.

Hey joe, do you use the component input on your 20WMGX2? Does everything on it look as ugly as it does on my own 20WMGX2?
No, back when I had my 360 hooked up I used VGA. Most desktop monitors have horrible component quality and I suspect the 20WMGX2 is the same..

Hyundai W240D-PVA 24" LCD Monitor hands down for me. I was in a similar situation to you a year ago and after 2 weeks research, I selected this Hyundai and it's fantastic! no lag at all.

NOTE: I am talking about the PVA panel, not TN (W240D also comes in TN). There is a W241D which is suppose to be a W240D with USB ports but not sure if it's the same quality/build as the W240D

Hyundai W240D-PVA 24" LCD Monitor hands down for me. I was in a similar situation to you a year ago and after 2 weeks research, I selected this Hyundai and it's fantastic! no lag at all.

NOTE: I am talking about the PVA panel, not TN (W240D also comes in TN). There is a W241D which is suppose to be a W240D with USB ports but not sure if it's the same quality/build as the W240D

I've never seen any W240D-PVA on sale where I live. The W241D however has quite a mediocre input lag (25 ms) and some reverse ghosting.

Back