non-TN 1680x1050 monitor?

Will_D

n00b
short and sweet: are there any 1680x1050 monitors that do not use a TN panel?

and if not, are TN panels really that terrible or is this overblown?

eager to hear back!

NEC 20wmgx2, it's an older monitor though.

Not sure if there are new panels out that are native 1680x1050 non-TN.

overblown x 5

i suspected this, even NEC and Eizo sell alot of TN panels now, and they claim 'full' 16.7m color support. and isn't dithering so good now that even people with a good eye cannot catch it?

overblown x 5

I strongly disagree. TN have their place, but not in my house. I will be getting rid of the last TN in my house as soon as the 27" with 120hz are widely available and affordable.

I have to suffer staring at cheap TN's all day at work and can't enjoy my 27" ips lcd. My eyes are so tired at the end of the day, I don't want to play any games.

the NEC 20wmgx2 is the holy grail for sharpness and color. With the exception of the blacks.... maybe I just don't have mine calibrated properly.

I really like my 20wmgx2, as a secondary for a guest computer and as a fun factor for seeing differences in LCDs. However, I preferred the Dell 2209wa LCDs because they had darker blacks.

Good luck finding either though.

i suspected this, even NEC and Eizo sell alot of TN panels now, and they claim 'full' 16.7m color support. and isn't dithering so good now that even people with a good eye cannot catch it?

im talking about normal TN panels which are high quality but not luxury brands (nec eizo) ... like asus or benq or dell hp... they are fine. nec eizo would be superb. any mid-high expensive tn panel will give you no reason to complain from any well known brand. yes dithering is excellent. the latest IPS panels are using 6bit + dithering also. like dell s series.

tn viewing angles can vary widely from panel to panel, just something to keep in mind. although smaller screen sizes should be less problematic.

I strongly disagree. TN have their place, but not in my house. I will be getting rid of the last TN in my house as soon as the 27" with 120hz are widely available and affordable.

I have to suffer staring at cheap TN's all day at work and can't enjoy my 27" ips lcd. My eyes are so tired at the end of the day, I don't want to play any games.

the NEC 20wmgx2 is the holy grail for sharpness and color. With the exception of the blacks.... maybe I just don't have mine calibrated properly.

I really like my 20wmgx2, as a secondary for a guest computer and as a fun factor for seeing differences in LCDs. However, I preferred the Dell 2209wa LCDs because they had darker blacks.

Good luck finding either though.

im not referring to cheap TNs. There is good quality TN stuff out there.

tn is definitely overblown unless you are doing color sensitive work like photo editing

Back