Non Gaming Video card to run 4 displays (preferably HDMI)

Discussion in 'Video Cards' started by ymer, Apr 16, 2018.

1. ymer

ymer Limp Gawd

Is there an option out there to run multiple monitors without paying $500 for a gaming video card?

I need to build a rig to run 4 monitors, this will be used for work so it will probably use a 4+ cores Ryzen, I'm out of the loop on hardware, so can you recommend me a video card that will do what I need? or if there's no such thing, maybe I can run 2 low end cards with dual monitor each?

thanks

2. ymer

ymer Limp Gawd

3. warderkeeju

warderkeeju n00bie

Total overkill -- http://a.co/7PuFPXQ

$166 USD -- available on amazon.co.uk as well

Using that for one of our financial girls on a Dell 7010 -- works flawlessly.

Not HDMI -- but easily converted with adapters.

4. tom_ozahoski

tom_ozahoski Limp Gawd

What country are you in so we can know where to look for suggestions?

5. ymer

ymer Limp Gawd

South of the border

6. tom_ozahoski

tom_ozahoski Limp Gawd

Have you considered a Ryzen APU and tossing in any old gpu for the 4th monitor?

7. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

"non gaming" option https://www.amazon.com/Matrox-M9148-E1024LAF-M9148-Memory-Professional/dp/B008DIU3JE/

Or better option find the cheapest AMD card that supports Eyefinity.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VisionTek-...899867&hash=item213a20a009:g:7XgAAOSwr85amilb

8. dvsman

dvsman [H]ard|Gawd

Get a used gaming card - hardcore gamers upgrade all the time and while an old card might not run games anymore, the multiple outputs might still work for your situation. The only downside I see would be the power draw would suck. Nothing wrong with buying used - especially if they are willing to ship to where you are.

9. CaptNumbNutz

CaptNumbNutz My Cannon Balls Sunk My Fail Ship

More than likely he could get a card that is 3 generations old and still have 4 outputs. I believe Nvidia started that with the 7 series, not sure about AMD but it was around the same time frame.

The only catch is that OP preferred 4 HDMI outputs. Most gaming cards will have a mix of DVI, HDMI, and displayport. He's going to need a few adapters if he goes that route and will increase his cost.

The AMD 7750 linked in the 2nd post is probably the best combination of cost and power used, he just needs to find a seller that's willing to ship to his country.

10. cdabc123

cdabc123 [H]ard|Gawd